Spypoint Evo

deerbandit

Does anyone have the Spypoint Evo camera? If so have you had it just not detect motion? I put mine out on Saturday and it was workin fine until Tuesday night and now it’s saying nothing (sun, shade, wind) has made the sensor go off. It’s on a feeder that 935 pictures on a Browning trail camera last month. The app is showing 4 out of 5 bars for Verizon service, 100% battery life and 0% of the memory card used. I tested the card, batteries and camera before I left the house and it was sending me pictures fine and I cleared the card so it was empty. Now I don’t know what to do other than drive 5.5 hours back to Kentucky to go get it. Any suggestions?

shdw633

I have not had that happen but did just lose my IR's firing up so all I get is all black pics at night. I have to make the 5 hour trip up to get mine and send it back as well. Did you put the SD card in the unit, fire it up and then take the SD card out and put it in your computer to open up the file that was on it and check to make sure the cellular option was checked?

shdw633

Ok, this is the only other thing I can thing of that might stop you getting pics. Did you hit one of the pictures at the top of the app, the doe, buck or turkey. If you hit one of those buttons it will only send you those pics I believe. So if you accidentally hit the turkey symbol that would stop you from getting deer pics. I don't know if the camera would only take those pics so I can't explain the SD card not showing anything on it. If you didn't do that it sounds like you have a trip to Kentucky in your future. I know a tech use to come on the board here but I haven't seen a post from them in a while and I sent them a message through here about the IR issue I am having but have not gotten a response. Good luck

Dsherrer711

This may be a dumb question, but when you go into the app on the photos tab, have you tried swiping down and holding it to force the page to refresh?

I just got a Link Evo yesterday and went to check the pictures tonight and it said the same thing at first “Camera Active - No motion captured today” but then I refreshed the page and shortly after, all the pictures started popping up.

mattuga

Banned
Yeah it was working just fine and then just decided to stop working. I did everything by the book.

My Spypoint is not working, I'm 5 miles from I-285. Changed numerous SD cards, it has been nothing short of a pain and to say inconsistent would be nice. I bought the metal case and all. I'm highly dissapointed, it takes great pics when it does work. Spypoint customer service is awfully undereducated on the product, like talking to a cable support tech at AT&T in Asia with zero product knowledge and a sheet of questions to read to you. I just bought a Spartan 4G from Herd360 tonight, my 2nd Spartan and I see them as the best. You'll get your money difference back in product cost difference with cheaper monthly service and actually having a product that works consistently. The App on Spartan works great for me, can't wait to have 2 cameras.

I can't kill a big buck but they are fun to see on camera.

deerbandit

This may be a dumb question, but when you go into the app on the photos tab, have you tried swiping down and holding it to force the page to refresh?

I just got a Link Evo yesterday and went to check the pictures tonight and it said the same thing at first “Camera Active - No motion captured today” but then I refreshed the page and shortly after, all the pictures started popping up.

Yeah I’ve tried pulling it down, logging out everything I can think of and nothing happens. I looked at the status page and it says last communication was when it was supposed to be but nothing is happening.

deerbandit

Ok, this is the only other thing I can thing of that might stop you getting pics. Did you hit one of the pictures at the top of the app, the doe, buck or turkey. If you hit one of those buttons it will only send you those pics I believe. So if you accidentally hit the turkey symbol that would stop you from getting deer pics. I don't know if the camera would only take those pics so I can't explain the SD card not showing anything on it. If you didn't do that it sounds like you have a trip to Kentucky in your future. I know a tech use to come on the board here but I haven't seen a post from them in a while and I sent them a message through here about the IR issue I am having but have not gotten a response. Good luck

That was the first thing I thought of and made sure I didn’t have it set on one of those. I’m planning on driving up tomorrow night and back Saturday morning. Knowing my luck it will start working when I get about an hour from my lease.

Arrow3

I just got mine Saturday. It took 5 pictures and then stopped working all together. I went back and forth with customer service. Finally I downloaded the new firmware to a sd card and that made my camera start back working....somewhat.

Sometimes it sends me pics and sometimes it waits to send me several at once.

shdw633

I just got mine Saturday. It took 5 pictures and then stopped working all together. I went back and forth with customer service. Finally I downloaded the new firmware to a sd card and that made my camera start back working....somewhat.

Sometimes it sends me pics and sometimes it waits to send me several at once.

Do you get good signal where your camera is located.

jsa1281

Had this happen to me this year also. Took a few then stopped never took another picture. Didnt even Dave any to the sd card. I turned it off for a few days and brought it home. I checked it while shooting my bow and it started sending me pictures walking back and forth seems to be working fine now. Maybe just turn it off and let it sit a day or 2....idk worked for me

Davexx1

If you do a Internet search for Spypoint Evo, then scroll down thru the search results you will see numerous forums, reports of troubles, questions/answers, and other information about that camera and what others are experiencing with it. It sounded like the first thing to do would be to update the firmware. Good luck. Hope you can figure it out.

P.S. Its always a good idea to test new batteries before installing in a camera. A low or bad new battery can cause trouble.

Dave

kbuck1

I have not had that happen but did just lose my IR's firing up so all I get is all black pics at night. I have to make the 5 hour trip up to get mine and send it back as well. Did you put the SD card in the unit, fire it up and then take the SD card out and put it in your computer to open up the file that was on it and check to make sure the cellular option was checked?
you have to do this. The directions that come with my camera didn't mention this but it has to be done. Mine stopped working after a few pictures till i done this.
Ive had mine on the same tree since January and it's still sending pictures. Same set of lithium batteries. I have a bushnell cell cam and a reconyx cell cam and for the money I like the spypoint best

Arrow3

Mine is finally working like its supposed to I think.

shdw633

Did you upload the firmware they have on their web page? Not sure if that would solve that sghoghunter but it's where I would start. I downloaded it for the next time I'm up by my cameras because I am having issues with the IR's not firing at night. Hoping that might fix the problem so I don't have to send it back.

Has anyone used the Lithium battery pack? I recently just got in a lease in KY and bought a Spypoint Dark. Wasn't sure if I needed to get the Lithium battery pack or get AA Lithium Batteries