Spypoint Link Micro Issues

XJfire75

Hey y’all, put my Link Micro out last week next door and for the first few days it did great. Turned it off for about 5 minutes to move it to another tree and now it’s sending pics 3 hours off the time it’s suppose to and every update it shows “Link Micro has 100 pictures” but only shows me 6-8 or less each time but my battery level and SD memory or changing. Would a firmware update help this issue? I know the first run of these had some problems but weren’t sure if this was a known issue. I’ll call SPYPOINT if it’s more complicated.

Thanks!

shdw633

Hey y’all, put my Link Micro out last week next door and for the first few days it did great. Turned it off for about 5 minutes to move it to another tree and now it’s sending pics 3 hours off the time it’s suppose to and every update it shows “Link Micro has 100 pictures” but only shows me 6-8 or less each time but my battery level and SD memory or changing. Would a firmware update help this issue? I know the first run of these had some problems but weren’t sure if this was a known issue. I’ll call SPYPOINT if it’s more complicated.

Thanks!

See if they have a software update on their website. You might download what they have and run it though the camera and perhaps it will reset something that has gone haywire.

Long Cut

When did you get yours?
I got mine 2 weeks ago and have experienced similar issues.

XJfire75

When did you get yours?
I got mine 2 weeks ago and have experienced similar issues.
Same time frame. Maybe 3 weeks or so.

I’ve heard of some issues with their earlier released cameras that was fixed with a firmware update. I’ll see if i can figure that method out and try it. Luckily my camera is at the neighbors

Long Cut

I’ve heard of some issues with their earlier released cameras that was fixed with a firmware update. I’ll see if i can figure that method out and try it. Luckily my camera is at the neighbors
10-4
Please let me know how the update goes.. my camera is over an hour away and I’d really hate to make that trip, twice, only to find out it doesn’t work.

Scarte81

I set mine up Monday night, on wifi- connected no issues. I then drove to my lease tuesday to put it up and it wouldn't connect. I called technical support and they said they're having issues with their servers this past weekend and that most fixed themselves. Im going back to my land Friday, so I left it, hoping that it would "fix itself" as they said, it has not.

shdw633

What did you find out about your camera?

Long Cut

I set mine up Monday night, on wifi- connected no issues. I then drove to my lease tuesday to put it up and it wouldn't connect. I called technical support and they said they're having issues with their servers this past weekend and that most fixed themselves. Im going back to my land Friday, so I left it, hoping that it would "fix itself" as they said, it has not.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the low price point has their servers crashing non-stop.. My camera was sending 200+ photos a night last week and now I’ll get maybe 1-15 photos per day.. Set at sending pictures at 5PM/5AM..

The cameras are great but SPYPOINT definitely cheaped out when it came to the servers and their App. Mine has crashed multiple times on my iPhone.. But for a $105 camera I’m not too surprised.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
They probably don't use their own servers. Most likely a cloud service from huge servers. Servers are just another factor in the equation like ISP's, apps, and cell tower issues.

shdw633

The camera is only capable of sending so many pics per transfer cycle when in block transfer mode. I don't know what that picture amount is but whatever it doesn't send it will send the remaining on the next transfer cycle.

shdw633

Set it to send real time...I hear it works that way. Just ask shdw633, he’s a rep for them.

I am not a rep.....but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!! :biggrin2:

Mark K

Banned
I’d be curious if their real time did work...sounds as though the servers are getting clogged up with too much data with the blocks and either losing it or just saying the heck with it and rebooting.

XJfire75

Reformatted it the best i could on a Mac and set it in my kitchen and it’s sending pics. As Carr had same amount of pics that the app did so reckon it just miscounted lol.

Putting it back out tonight

Long Cut

Mine sent 760+ pics tonight, all in varying chronological order since I changed settings from “instant” to twice a day, two weeks ago..
funny thing is, the photo gallery in the app only says 740 photos uploaded.

shdw633

Mine sent 760+ pics tonight, all in varying chronological order since I changed settings from “instant” to twice a day, two weeks ago..
funny thing is, the photo gallery in the app only says 740 photos uploaded.

Did it send pics that took place after you made the change in your setting from instant to twice a day?

XJfire75

Yeah i run mine on twice a day pretty much all the time and don’t seem to have issues unless there’s a ton of pics then it just takes a while to get them all or it’ll notify me twice.

Was thinking about picking up one of these cameras but was worried about service I'm on to clubs one in Jasper County and one in upson which one of the cameras would you get the AT&T version or the Verizon version?

Latest posts