Squirrel hawking

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If u ever have a chance to experience this give it a try , I got a video but having trouble posting it , I work with the falconer and he always talks about it so I invited him to my property and my daughter wants one

Attachments

• IMG_3926.PNG
    IMG_3926.PNG
    888.6 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_3927.PNG
    IMG_3927.PNG
    927.7 KB · Views: 926

antharper

Staff member
His catch

My daughter was all eyes and ears , this want be our last trip !

Attachments

• IMG_3929.PNG
    IMG_3929.PNG
    905.3 KB · Views: 894

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Always thought it would be cool to hunt with one. Seen them swoop in and get squirrels during deer season.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I've seen it with rabbits to. Pretty cool. Thx for sharing.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It looks neat but my problem is that I have chickens.

An "adopted son" of mine and his wife are both falconer`s and they also have chickens. They`ve never had a problem, and they have merlins, falcons, and red tailed hawks.

antharper

Staff member
We were hunting near my chicken pen and the hawk hardly even looked at them , but the chickens were all hiding !

caughtinarut

I wonder if it has anything to do with them being trained? I know I have had "wild" hawks come down and get a chicken through the years.

greg_n_clayton

I looked closely at this some years ago. I learned real quick that having a bird is like having a child. They take up a lot of time, and it takes a lot to care and tend to them !! They ain't like a dog you just feed and take him out of the kennel when you want !! It is a very interesting and a enjoyment to watch them work and achieve their goals !!

4x4

If anyone around my neck of the woods ever wants to see falconry up close and personal I would be honored to have you join me and my redtail Katniss on a hunt!

antharper

Staff member
Nice hunt 4\4 , and very nice gesture , hopefully someone will take your offer , they'll love it !

ucfireman

If there are any Falconers around Newnan looking for a place to hunt, I'm loaded with squirrels. Id love to have someone over and take out some.
Nice video 4x4.

antharper

Staff member
If there are any Falconers around Newnan looking for a place to hunt, I'm loaded with squirrels. Id love to have someone over and take out some.
Nice video 4x4.

The guy that I went with lives rt outside of Newnan, and is as nice a man you'll ever meet , he even offered to take his bird to my daughters school and do a demonstration for a school project , he loves to take kids especially , probably because he lost his only son to cancer , if u want pm me your name and number and I'll get him to give u a call , I'd love to go again also !

atlashunter

I wonder if it has anything to do with them being trained? I know I have had "wild" hawks come down and get a chicken through the years.

I doubt it has anything to do with training. They are still wild animals. My guess is they probably go somewhere else for both training and hunting so the bird never has an opportunity to go for the chickens.

atlashunter

Falconry is a huge commitment. It's my dream to get into it one day but I probably won't be able to until I'm retired.