St Joseph park Florida.

Thread starter #1
Got a camping reservation there for the end of December.

How is the fishing?

Is it worth bringing a boat? Will a beach cart and surf poles suffice? Is the fishing from the beach good?

Anyone that has stayed in the park before have any advice about the park or the area?

Chas

Fishing

Fishing from the beach is pretty good and yes it is worth brining a boat if you have the time. There is a nice boat ramp in the park and a place to park the boat and trailer, if you have never been it will be your new favorite park!

dwhee87

Camped there years ago when the kids were little. One of the nicest campgrounds I've ever stayed at. Well maintained, clean bath house, just over the dune to the beach. Didn't fish while there, but the campground and beach were very nice.

Thread starter #4
Fishing from the beach is pretty good and yes it is worth brining a boat if you have the time. There is a nice boat ramp in the park and a place to park the boat and trailer, if you have never been it will be your new favorite park!
Cool thanks. Is the trailer overflow parking close to the camping area or is it at the boat ramp area?

Is there enough room at the tent campsites to park the boat trailer and my truck?

95g atl

please post back what your experience is.

I don't intend on camping there, but I do want to launch my boat at Mexico Beach and ride the 6-8 miles or so to that beach area and relax in the sun this spring, throw out a couple poles, and enjoy.

Good luck.

bany

facepalm: That place is really awful and the fishing is terrible too. Usually the boats are kept in the overflow areas which aren’t far , never been fishing this late in the year.

I caught a few specs and small reds and such wadefishing near the boat ramp back in October. Wish I would have had my kayak, it's a nice campground, with a nice fairly quiet beach, I caught my share of whiting and pompano from the beach using fishbites.

Thread starter #8
please post back what your experience is.

I don't intend on camping there, but I do want to launch my boat at Mexico Beach and ride the 6-8 miles or so to that beach area and relax in the sun this spring, throw out a couple poles, and enjoy.

Good luck.
The beach was really pretty and the campground was nice.
Unfortunately I did not get to launch my boat because of the weather. It was beautiful the day we arrived and the next two days It 50 degrees with a Northeast wind with whitecaps in the bay and 3 to 4 foot steep seas outside.

I will definitely be going back to try again when the weather is nicer.