St Marys Fishing 10-12-19

Cumberlandjg

Forecast called for a perfect day but ended up being a little more overcast and windy than expected. Couldn't find any big trout consistently and all of the reds but 1 were caught on the same oyster bar all on mid outgoing tide. Water clarity was still pretty good despite winds and outgoing tide. Largest slot red was 22", largest red of the day was 26" and majority were in the 15-17" range. Caught a ton of short trout so November, December fishing should produce some larger trout.

Also from the previous weekend we caught a tagged redfish. Below is the info from that fish and the most interesting thing was that the fish stayed in the same spot for nearly 2 months and grew about 5 inches in that time frame. Personally I think the 14' minimum in Georgia is pretty liberal along with the 5 keepers per person on reds. I wish we'd get closer to FL's slot of 17" as a minimum and maybe 3 fish per angler but that's just my opinion.

fish 10-12-19.jpg

Tagged Fish.jpg

Cumberlandjg

Live shrimp. Threw some Gulp baits out but no real good takers on that. Everything under adjustable corks for the most part. I have more success with gulps on a jighead but just didn't fish any jigs that day particularly.