St Simmons GPS Points or tips

Hello All,

I'm taking a 5 day vacation to St Simmons with a 17' Montauk. On a very clear day I'll go out 5 miles or so, but due to boat size I mainly stick to the bays and backwater when on the gulf. I've never fished these waters. Is there somewhere I can get free or reasonably cost effective GPS points that are close to the river. We just want to catch a few fish, so we are after what ever might be biting in early April. I've fished around Daufuskie once with a little success (mainly Bonnetheads), but am otherwise completely new to this area. Any miscellaneous tips on where to go + what / how to fish that time of year would be appreciated. I certainly understand some of this info will be highly protected, but I'm after anything commonly known or other info that you might be comfortable sharing.

Thank you for reading,

doomtrpr_z71

Hello All,

I'm taking a 5 day vacation to St Simmons with a 17' Montauk. On a very clear day I'll go out 5 miles or so, but due to boat size I mainly stick to the bays and backwater when on the gulf. I've never fished these waters. Is there somewhere I can get free or reasonably cost effective GPS points that are close to the river. We just want to catch a few fish, so we are after what ever might be biting in early April. I've fished around Daufuskie once with a little success (mainly Bonnetheads), but am otherwise completely new to this area. Any miscellaneous tips on where to go + what / how to fish that time of year would be appreciated. I certainly understand some of this info will be highly protected, but I'm after anything commonly known or other info that you might be comfortable sharing.

Thank you for reading,

I don't fish around st Simons much but here are some points from my hotspot map

PXL_20231231_200328158.MP.jpgPXL_20231231_200442442.MP.jpg

Very Helpful, thank you. Can you tell me where to pick one of these maps up?

My main method for reds has been floating the main inlet during a moving tide with bait on the bottom, it's worked well on the gulf a times. This gives me a couple places to anchor up. I finally invested in a spot lock motor that has changed the game.