St Simon

seachaser

Headed down oct 3rd thru 10th will be bringing my hobie down for it first taste of saltwater. Staying close to Gould’s inlet so plan on fishing the incoming tide there. Will also do some surf fishing for the bull reds. Any help on the kayak front would be much appreciated.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Run up and put it in at Village Creek. LOTSA good yak fishin' up there! Just pay attention to where you go, about a million little creeks!

seachaser

Fished from shore today at Gould’s inlet for 2 hrs this morning and got nothing.The house We are renting is a real short walk to the east beach causeway and I have caught 2 legal redfish and 2 legal flounder plus 4 short flounder. Also had a gator about 3 foot come swimming down the creek.Tomorrow the tides are better so will be hitting the water in the yak.

seachaser

Well the kayak got it salt baptism and I had a blast.The redfish we’re easy to catch got at least 15 and 8 trout to join them. The heartbreaker was that monster flounder that was lost at the boat was at least 7 maybe bigger. I have now learned that I need new rods to fish out of the yak because I could not get control at the boat with a 7.6 rod and the butt sections are way to long. Here are a couple that I kept for dinner to go with yesterday’s fish. The picture of the crabs all came out of 1 of the reds and 1 of the trout belly was full also but they were all small shrimp.

hunterofopportunity

Well the kayak got it salt baptism and I had a blast.The redfish we’re easy to catch got at least 15 and 8 trout to join them. The heartbreaker was that monster flounder that was lost at the boat was at least 7 maybe bigger. I have now learned that I need new rods to fish out of the yak because I could not get control at the boat with a 7.6 rod and the butt sections are way to long. Here are a couple that I kept for dinner to go with yesterday’s fish. The picture of the crabs all came out of 1 of the reds and 1 of the trout belly was full also but they were all small shrimp.
Good report, were you up in the creeks or out in the river catching the reds? Thanks.

seachaser

I put in at the east beach causeway bridge and floated out with tide. Planned on coming back with the tide but had to come in early and that was rough getting yak out of the water. I’m going to put in today at Gould’s inlet and go back with the tide.

seachaser

Well that was a bad idea to try a different spot. I caught 1 red but was a solid fish.So both day I have run into schools of smaller tarpon that look to be around 20 lbs but can’t get them to eat any lure.

Attachments

• B1CC2B80-E0EF-44F2-86A0-D801C88F5524.jpeg
    B1CC2B80-E0EF-44F2-86A0-D801C88F5524.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 34

seachaser

Gave the legs a rest today and stayed out of the Kayak but spent 5 hrs down at Gould’s surf fishing. Whiting were super easy to catch and I was using them as bait . I had 5 solid bites on the whiting and only 1 stuck and it was about a 4 foot sharp nose shark fun but not the bull I was hoping for. Well I was sitting there I had a guy say the were smashing the bulls down by the pier from the sand. There is a tourney tomorrow for beach caught reds but tourney fishing is not my thing So back in the kayak tomorrow for me.

Last edited: