St Simons Island

Gadget

Will be there the first week of august. Interested in some fishing. Any help would ne appreciated. What's biting this time of year? Reds, trout, flounder, tarpon??. I won't be bringing a boat so might do a charter, fish from shore, or from kayak.

Thanks

dirtnap

We’re at Jekyll now and I can’t speak for the reds or trout, we’re just fishing off the beach to catch whiting to eat while we’re here, but you can catch all of them you want anywhere you go, on any tide

Chuck Lee

We are at Jekyll now and are inexperienced at saltwater fishing. How are you rigging for whiting and which part of the beach is best near the pier at the campground or the other end of the beach past the 4H camp

dirtnap

We are at Jekyll now and are inexperienced at saltwater fishing. How are you rigging for whiting and which part of the beach is best near the pier at the campground or the other end of the beach past the 4H camp
The whiting are about everywhere on the beach but at the main public beach access point about halfway on the island is the best spot imo because there doesn’t seem to be as many stingrays. As far as rigging we just do a Carolina rig with a #2 hook and 1 oz sinker and use a small piece of shrimp

WFL

Hit me up Gadget I know a guy for inshore.
I also may be running off shore some also.