Star Wars

GMARK

Hey ya'll. I have tons of original Star Wars toys. My parents kept a lot of the boxes and have all the stuff cataloged. I always thought I give it to my kids, but they have too many toys as it is.

I always thought I'd sell the toys one day to someone who was looking to add to their collection. I looked at Ebay, but I thought I ask for opinions here too.

Any ideas besides Ebay?

southernclay

Maybe search for a Star Wars fans forum to get top dollar. I have sold a few and have some on ebay right now. I am just selling as a lot to get rid of them. Mine are from the 1996 range but if I had older ones I would research it out and go for top dollar. Good luck.

double b

I agree with the ebay route. You would be amazed at the price some things would bring. When I was doing serious diecast collecting, I would go to toy shows. I could not believe the prices folks were asking for star wars collectibles, hot wheels, (all that stuff I had but it's somewhere in the dirt right now) I think serious collectors check ebay looking for items.

GMARK

Thanks for the help ya'll. I'd like to find some info on the toy shows. I'll try and scan the internet, but please send any ideas.

Thanks,

Greg

double b

I would always find the info in collectible guides. Because I was seriously collecting nascar stuff, I was reading Beckett price guides. They would always be listed in there. Sometimes I would go, and they wouldn't have any racing memorabilia, just all other things. I'll see if I can locate the name of the website I would use and send you a pm. I also know that there are older toy guides and price guides for things such as that. I do know that the packaging is very important to the value of the piece. With my diecast, you really lose a lot of value if the box/ packaging isn't in great shape.