Statesboro High School Chapter Inaugural Ducks Unlimited Banquet

BeardsandSpurs

The banquet is going to be on a Wednesday, April 24, at the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fairgrounds. If you need directions, pm me. Doors open at 6:30 pm, dinner at 6:45 pm, and the auction starts at 7:15 pm. You do not want to miss this event, we're the only high school in the great state of GA that has a DU chapter! Tickets are $30 per person, $50 per couple, and $25 for a greenwing before April 5th. After the 5th, prices goes up to $35 per person, $60 per couple, and $25 for a greenwing. If you would like to sponsor the event the prices are as follows: $250 for a sponsor, $300 for a sponsor couple, and $500 for a corporate table. This really is going to be a cool banquet and I'll have a list of what all will be raffled off up here in a couple of days. If you need directions to the facility or have any questions, shoot me a pm and I'd be glad to help you. If you're interested in attending or sponsoring, contact our chairman Ms. Lee Bratton at 912-690-0202 and she'll get you hooked up with some tickets! Tickets are limited! See y'all there!

BeardsandSpurs

What is it? I know as a chapter we could only keep I think it was 10-15% of all the money. Pretty sad. That's the only thing I dislike about Ducks Unlimited. Unless you raise a crap ton of money, it's hard to really jump start a chapter.

BeardsandSpurs

83% is shared between education and conservation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 123

TurkeyH90

Ok. Not disagreeing with you but I have read different numbers in my CFC charity book. I will have to look again but I was thinking they had a rediculous operating cost. Again, not trying to rain on your parade but you have to be carefull who you put your time, money, and support in (read up on Quail Unlimited). I have been to quite a few Ducks Banquets. Fun, but you quickly realize most of the chapter heads wouldnt know a coot if it flew up their rear end. I think Delta has a little better history but I dont know of any local chapters.

BeardsandSpurs

Yeah I know exactly what your saying. I took that off the DU website but that doesn't mean that's what it is. Personally, I think we've got a good little chapter started. I won't be there anymore but raised a good bit of money and put out duck boxes on Ft. Stewart. Think it'll be cool to look back and say I helped start that chapter if it is a real success. Almost positive we'll be featured in the DU magazine either in July or August. They did an article on us for being the only high school chapter.

TurkeyH90

Nice. Glad to see some younger guys that arent totally self absorbed. Probably more duck hunters in it than most chapters.