Stealth Cam 12 MP Good or stay away from them ?

loadshot

Our tractor supply has a 2 pk for 69.99 I had the last one stolen but it wasn't a stealth cam if you use one are they good or OK ?
Thank's for any input .

Living Proof

I just bought a couple of Stealthcam PX24, so far I'm happy with them. My complaint is I can't tell how many pics it has taken without removing the card and putting it in a reader. but the quality seems good and a 2 pk for $70 sounds like a good deal.

furtaker

I just bought a couple of Stealthcam PX24, so far I'm happy with them. My complaint is I can't tell how many pics it has taken without removing the card and putting it in a reader. but the quality seems good and a 2 pk for $70 sounds like a good deal.
I don't have a PX24 model but on both of my cheaper Stealth Cams, if you let it take a picture of you when you check the camera, the photo count will flash on the screen. You may need to turn it off and then back on and let it take the picture. I can't remember but I know I figured it out.

Living Proof

Thanks, I'll try that when I check them in a couple of days, the book that came with it didn't mention it.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Thanks, I'll try that when I check them in a couple of days, the book that came with it didn't mention it.

I will NOT buy any camera that does not have a photo count on it as it would be impossible to select which photos to KEEP OR DELETE in my case as I have an average of about 5000-6000 photos per week. I uploaded and viewed every one of the 6,634 photos from just this past week. Last night, after reviewing these, I decided to keep only 222 photos from that total amount. My total photo count from all of my cameras just this year so far is up to 149,703 photos now and I have kept a total of 3,836 photos.

Also, one thing to mention THAT IS ALSO NOT PRINTED IN ANY INSTRUCTION BOOKS OR ON ANY TRAIL CAMERA PACKAGES....is that you should always TURN OFF YOUR CAMERA before removing or installing new memory cards as it can cause you to possibly lose all of your photos on that card. I had that happen once several years ago and I called WGI and asked the question as to what may have happened. I was advised that the camera needed to be turn off as such. THEY ALSO ADVISED ME THAT NONE OF THE CAMERA MANUFACTURERS, INCLUDING THEM, PUBLISHED THAT FACT. :banginghe

Last edited:

loadshot

I have a couple. I think the $79 moultrie cameras are a better buy.

Thanks the camera I had was a Moultrie and it was very good now some je*k off owns it people just don't respect anything anymore. They have them at walmart but they are a little pricey and not sure of the quality of them.
Thanks for the reply's

Phantom1

Hey guys, I'm a noob here but was scrolling through the threads and saw this one so thought I'd give my two bits. All I buy is Stealth Cams. I have about 8 with some pricey and some cheap around $75. I happened across a good deal by mistake one day. I needed tech support on one of my cams so I got the number from the back of the cam and gave them a call. Turns out this number is not only tech support but their sales department. When Stealth Cam makes a new camera they turn it over to this outfit and tells them to get it out into the public about 10 days to 2 weeks before it hits the shelves. They give you about 50% off the shelf price just to get you to spread the word. I have bought several like this. Between purchases you need to wait about three weeks before you call that number again to hopefully find a newer model cheap. The first time I called that number my warranty had just run out and I needed my camera repaired. The sales person said they would give me credit for the price I had paid for the camera and if I would purchase a new camera one step up from the first they would give me the new one for the difference in price I had paid. That was a good deal for me seeing the new one would have full warranty. I have noticed the cheap Stealth Cams only last about 6 years. Hope this helps.

rosewood

I bought the 2 pack stealthcam from Sam's club for $99. Was a waste of money. Night time pics are grainy and both came have gotten stuck and snaps thousands of pics with nothing there.

I bought the 2 pack at Sam's as well and get tons of pictures of nothing. I killed a spike right in front of it earlier this year and it didn't take a picture until I walked up.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Same here on Sam's 2 pack. Put one out - twice had no pics, once had a pic every 30 seconds until card was full. It has also changed the date/time.
I put the other one out today. Gonna see how it does. Very disappointed.

I'm gonna try calling that customer service #. Thanks Phantom 1!

Living Proof

I don't have a PX24 model but on both of my cheaper Stealth Cams, if you let it take a picture of you when you check the camera, the photo count will flash on the screen. You may need to turn it off and then back on and let it take the picture. I can't remember but I know I figured it out.
Put it Test and wait a second and it shows the photo count, so now that I know, I have to say so far I like these cameras.....

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Well I put out the other half of this 2 pack. Same results. Pic every 30 seconds, then nothing. Yesterday morning watched a doe h yearling walk in front of it, no pics.

I wonder if I can return to Sam's?

tbrown913

I have 2 stealth cams, forget the crazy letter/number combo on them but it was an amazon sale a few years back where they were 50%off. I like them, they take great day time pics. Night time isnt as crisp as my moultree. If I buy another camera it will be a moultree. I've had mine for 7 years and still works like new.

Latest posts