Sticky Butt Pad

JeffinPTC

Thread starter #1
I've got 2 rifles who's butt pads have become sticky, one a 1980s Weatherby with Pachmayr pad and one Remington with 10 yo factory replacement synthetic stock. I'm tired of picking the pine straw out of my butt.
I called WBY and he suggested $700 for a new Deluxe stock and Lymans told me to call WBY.
Does CLP etc cause this?
Any suggestions short of new pads?

JeffinPTC

Thread starter #3
Follow up on Sticky Butt pad.
I took ity to a LGS to have replaced and he said there is a known problem with these Limbsavers and it would be replaced under wty. Call the company if you have this problem

Clemson

You said it was a Pachmayr pad in your first post. What is LGS?

longbeard

I had the same problem several years ago with my 11-87 turkey gun. I called Remington customer service and they sent me a new one free of charge.

killerv

limbsaver will replace the remington pads for no cost. I bought a used model 7 with one, sent them a pic of the pad, and had a new one in the mail in no time. very nice folks

jmoser

My Encore has a Limbsaver pad and it flat out melted into the foam cushioning on my gunsafe floor. I mean the two materials fused together like they were welded. Never seen such a thing happen; sticky goo all over the pad.

I store it now with a sandwich baggie over the pad but will call and whine if there is a warranty replacement.

I store it now with a sandwich baggie over the pad but will call and whine if there is a warranty replacement.
Like this idea.:cool: I have the same problem on my Remington 700 and 11-87 with limbsaver recoil pads.