Sticky Butt Pad

JeffinPTC

I've got 2 rifles who's butt pads have become sticky, one a 1980s Weatherby with Pachmayr pad and one Remington with 10 yo factory replacement synthetic stock. I'm tired of picking the pine straw out of my butt.
I called WBY and he suggested $700 for a new Deluxe stock and Lymans told me to call WBY.
Does CLP etc cause this?
Any suggestions short of new pads?

GAGE

GONetwork Member
My daughters youth 700 has the same problem. I am hoping to replace it with a limbsaver.

JeffinPTC

Follow up on Sticky Butt pad.
I took ity to a LGS to have replaced and he said there is a known problem with these Limbsavers and it would be replaced under wty. Call the company if you have this problem

Clemson

You said it was a Pachmayr pad in your first post. What is LGS?

longbeard

I had the same problem several years ago with my 11-87 turkey gun. I called Remington customer service and they sent me a new one free of charge.

killerv

limbsaver will replace the remington pads for no cost. I bought a used model 7 with one, sent them a pic of the pad, and had a new one in the mail in no time. very nice folks

jmoser

My Encore has a Limbsaver pad and it flat out melted into the foam cushioning on my gunsafe floor. I mean the two materials fused together like they were welded. Never seen such a thing happen; sticky goo all over the pad.

I store it now with a sandwich baggie over the pad but will call and whine if there is a warranty replacement.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I store it now with a sandwich baggie over the pad but will call and whine if there is a warranty replacement.

Like this idea.:cool: I have the same problem on my Remington 700 and 11-87 with limbsaver recoil pads.