Stomach Bug

SarahFair

Any caught this nasty little bug going around?
My son caught it last friday morning and was up puking from 2:30 to about 6:00 am then started up again that night and once that saturday. Then his paw paw got it then his uncle then I caught it friday afternoon.

I got off the lawn mower about 5:30 and drank half a bottle of water and had to set it down. Felt like a bag of rocks was in my stomach. Started throwing up about 11pm and didnt stop till about 230am. Threw up and reched all saturday had motion sickness sunday and its starting to set in again today.

Anyone else had it?

Oldstick

Seemed like a never ending thing around our house, once the kids started to pre-school and kindergarden and what not. Every few months, here we go again. One by one everybody would get it to some degree or another.

FishingAddict

Sorry to hear that! There was a kid on my kid's football team that had one like that- it came back for a second round and it lasted a long time.

Here lately (knock on wood,) we've gotten pretty good about keeping the sickness from not spreading around the house when one person gets it (esp when it's a stomach bug)- lots of hand washing, making sure the sick person stays in one area, if one person goes in the area they wash very, very well- and make sure they don't put their hands to anything until they do.

Anyhow, hope you feel better. Stomach bugs are the pits!!

SarahFair

Hope you get to feeling better soon Ms. Sarah,,,,,,,,,,Oh, and stay on your side of the valley..::ke::bounce:
I cant come for a visit?!?!?!
:huh:

See thats the thing.. His paw paw got it only 2/3 days after seeing him and his uncle 3/4 days and it took me 7. :huh:

Ive had stomach bugs before but this one was just about as bad a food poisoning.
At one point in the night I was seriously considering getting my sons mattress off his toddler bed and curling up with a blanket and pillow on the bathroom floor because I was so tired. :bounce:

Ive heard its going around the area. Another kid on his Tball team was sick last weekend as well.

If I start getting that not so easy feeling I want eat anything for about two days and not drink anything for about 10 to 12 hours.
This generally gets the bug moved on out because there is nothing for it to feed on.
I would rather take a butt whoopin than puke.

Mud Minnow

I've had it in the past, don't know what brought it on or what finally made it go but I know it was miserable. Hope it passes and you feel better soon.

abrannon

Two of my son's had it last week. My oldest was driving them to school on Thursday and after the 4th time stopping on a 25 minute drive so that they could each take turns puking, he called and I told him to take them back home. Friday morning they were a little beter at least I thought so until one of them puked while brushing his teeth. So they had a 4 day weekend. But they seem to be better now.

Pollywog

seems like when school starts back up , the stomach bug is number one on the list to start off the year with. Hope you feel better soon

seaweaver

I recommend heavy alcohol.
I will kill anything breeding in your gut.
I have always slugged Evan Williams when I get that funny rumble and It's been a long time since I have had that bug ruin me. W/ 2 kids in school, they bring it home and try to share it and I beat it down.
I once got food poisoning from a 2:30 PM Chicken sandwich from McDonalds. I had no whiskey...and four 4 days later I hit some tequila someone had left at the house. In 30 minutes I could stand w/o dry heaving.

cw

SarahFair

Interesting seaweaver!!
I woke up about 3am wanting to throw up again. I just laid down and tried to ignore it. Still feel flashes of it every now and again. Hope when I get out in the heat this afternoon it wont be bad!

j_seph

Hope ya get to feeling better Sarah, just make sure you stay in the general Monroe area please.Thanks

patchestc

I went to Columbia South America on a business trip one time.
I didn't drink the water, but i forgot about the ice.
First I was afraid I might die.
Then I was afraid I might not die.
Then, I survived, barely.
Sickest I have ever been in my life.
If anyone who reads this ever goes south of the border.
DON'T DRINK ANYTHING THAT IS NOT IN A CAN OR A BOTTLE.

FX Jenkins

I recommend heavy alcohol.
I will kill anything breeding in your gut.
I have always slugged Evan Williams when I get that funny rumble and It's been a long time since I have had that bug ruin me. W/ 2 kids in school, they bring it home and try to share it and I beat it down.
I once got food poisoning from a 2:30 PM Chicken sandwich from McDonalds. I had no whiskey...and four 4 days later I hit some tequila someone had left at the house. In 30 minutes I could stand w/o dry heaving.

cw

:cheers:

Hope you feel better girl, just go easy with Cweavs advice otherwise you'll still be worshiping the porcelain throne.

SarahFair

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!
I finally feel better today!
Well enough to get outside and get some yard work done :D