Stone Knives

Nugefan

nicodemus said:
Thanks Cal, I learned through a combination of trial and error, research in libraries, countless hours in the woods tryin` things out and experimentin`, and two good friends, Ben Kirkland and John Tuttle. The work these two turn out makes mine look like kids play.
Livin` history and primitive skills are a lot of fun and are a never endin` class where you learn something new every time. I`m not satisfied just knowin` the trees, critters, stone and everything else out there. I want to learn and know the practical use and applications for all these things. Our ancestors knew these things. I feel a very real need to know them as well. It helps me to see through their eyes.

and we need more folks like you around to keep this tradition alive.....:smash:

some , no MOST of these low pants wearing kids nowa day could last 2 days in the wilderness .....:rofl:

and again nick a BIG thanks for all the pix you post , you are truly a southern gentleman ....:flag:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Nick,
You ever think about writing a book on it?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I dont think he really wants to sell em I have not heard back from my PM yet

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Branchminnow said:
I dont think he really wants to sell em I have not heard back from my PM yet

He may think you are trouble:biggrin2: :rofl:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Sorry about that Branch. Fixin` to send you a PM in a few minutes!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Alright Branch, PM sent!!
Woodie 13, there are a right smart of books out there on these various subjects and some are written by folks that know what they are doin`. Unfortunately, there are also some books that would serve better in an outhouse! A friend of mine told me last year that I should write a book on my life, but I`m a little leery of that. If I reveal that much information I might get thrown in jail and watch the key get thrown away!! :rofl: :rofl:

Branchminnow

WOODIE13 said:
He may think you are trouble:biggrin2: :rofl:
He would not know that Im trouble unless somebody TOLD him I was.:bounce:

Nugefan

Branchminnow said:

somebodies always gonna tell Buddy .....:rofl: ::ke:

So Branch which one are you looking at , all of em are just awesome....:pop:

and to know the person that made it makes it even better ....:banana:

dutchman

Branchminnow said:
The word's out on you, Branch. And you capri britches.

Nick, another fine job on the blades. I gotta get me one of them.

Branchminnow

dutchman said:
The word's out on you, Branch. And you capri britches.

Nick, another fine job on the blades. I gotta get me one of them.
Why dont you buy them in pairs and send one to me, since I did not get my Christmas present yet.:bounce:

dutchman

Branchminnow said:
Why dont you buy them in pairs and send one to me, since I did not get my Christmas present yet.:bounce:

I didn't get mine either. Yours must've gotten lost in the mail.:huh:

Branchminnow

dutchman said:
I didn't get mine either. Yours must've gotten lost in the mail.:huh:
:huh: :huh: :huh:

Inatree

Nicodemus

You know stuff, dont cha ?
If lights ever go out in America Im going to camp in your yard for a year and learn some stuff.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Inatree said:
Nicodemus

You know stuff, dont cha ?
If lights ever go out in America Im going to camp in your yard for a year and learn some stuff.

I know just enough to be a danger, usually to myself!!:rofl:

Come on! Might better bring you a shelter, bandages, rubbin` alchohol, and some extra firewood. I`ll have everything else. Stay outa the garden and don`t try to pet the Blue Heeler though. :D

Inatree

nicodemus said:
I know just enough to be a danger, usually to myself!!:rofl:

Come on! Might better bring you a shelter, bandages, rubbin` alchohol, and some extra firewood. I`ll have everything else. Stay outa the garden and don`t try to pet the Blue Heeler though. :D

And a Blue Heeler too ! You are an interesting fella Nicodemus.
I used to have one but had to give him up (to someone that admired him as much as me)when I moved to Georgia. He was a bit on the dingo side and wouldnt have done well or been very happy in the suburbs, he is very territorial and smart enough to get into a lot of trouble.
They sure are handy aren't they.

BIGABOW

Nico I've Said It Before You Are A Man Of Awesome Talent .
B T W ,how Long Does It Take To Make One Of The Knives In The Pics ?,(total, Time Blade And Attachment To The Handle)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Bigabow, dependin` on my frame of mind, anywhere from one to three hours of work is involved in makin` one.