Strange Things Found In Woods

Wayne D Davis

Over the many years I've stomped thru the woods I've found old home places, stills, headstones....rock piles (old indian grave sites) I think, civil war foxholes...scariest thing I found was 2 different wells. Almost found the hard way walking in before light. Shined down the shaft and couldnt see the bottom then dropped a large rock and got a slash......wwwwwwwway down. Needless to say I ribbened the opening off. The area is now Lake Point Sports Community, Emerson GA.

Wayne D Davis

Over the many years I've stomped thru the woods I've found old home places, stills, headstones....rock piles (old indian grave sites) I think, civil war foxholes...scariest thing I found was 2 different wells. Almost found the hard way walking in before light. Shined down the shaft and couldnt see the bottom then dropped a large rock and got a slash......wwwwwwwway down. Needless to say I ribbened the opening off. The area is now Lake Point Sports Community, Emerson GA.
Oh and a large foot print that wasn't bear on Cohutta

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
There was a tornado that came through Dahlonega back in the 90s and it tore up the R-Ranch pretty bad. For the next couple deer seasons, we were finding registration papers on horses, and various debris from the ranch. There was even an entire 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails still in it way up on the side of the mountain. The particular mountain I was hunting where we found so much debris was over 15 miles as the crow flies from the site of the tornado.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I found one of those Aflac ducks in the middle of nowhere. Give it a squeeze and it gives you three quacking Aflac sounds. It must have been tied to a balloon and when it popped it fell there. I keep it tied to my back pack for luck.
I found one of those "Here, lizard, lizard, lizard." Chihuahuas the same way.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Walked up on many of the items mentioned above. The strangest that comes to mind was on public land and happened to look up and started seeing a bunch of 5gal. buckets tied WAY up in the pine trees with a lot of bright green plants growing out of them.

bullgator

I walked up on a young girl (early 20’s-ish) and an old guy (50ish) in full rut on the last weekend of turkey season last year on Chattahoochee WMA. Over 3 miles from the truck. I had a dead gobbler in the back of my vest, feet dangling...

Being that far in, I dang sure wasn’t turning around. I wasn’t gonna watch either... so, I kept walking straight toward them. About 30 yards away, they finally seen me. The girl run behind a tree. The guy just stood up, and turned his back to me. It must’ve been cold on that ground :) . When I got to them, I simply said ‘Y’all never mind me, I’m just here for the turkey hunting,’ and kept on walking...
That was you!?

jbogg

I stumbled on this old camp way up on the side of the mountain on Chattahoochee WMA. Very difficult to get to. Somebody had excavated a flat area literally into the side of the hill. There was a homemade table, propane tanks, old stove, and hundreds of feet of water lines running down the hill from the spring. Found out from a buddy of mine who had found it several years prior that it was a $6 Million Mexican cartel pot grow. It took me over an hour bushwhacking straight up hill to get to that spot. No trail of any kind. Can’t imagine those guys carrying all that stuff up there. AC48B2D8-5D3A-4A65-B413-CBCA1AFC16A6.jpeg

EDH

Walked up on many of the items mentioned above. The strangest that comes to mind was on public land and happened to look up and started seeing a bunch of 5gal. buckets tied WAY up in the pine trees with a lot of bright green plants growing out of them.

Was that on Paulding Forest? If so, I saw the same thing.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Was that on Paulding Forest? If so, I saw the same thing.
Yeah, but before it was Paulding Forest. The buckets were way up in the trees and the rope was tied off to the trees high enough to reach with a 20' extention ladder.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Note to self.. Public/National Forests are used to grow Pot..quite often from the sounds of it ?
All one needs is the right ladder, and the dexterity to out run some else carrying another ladder. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bilgerat

Senior
I found a old riding mower with no mower deck on a fire break on the ONF bout a mile from the nearest road. some old redneck was prob using it as a atv until it broke and he just abandoned it

Wayne D Davis

Double step bear track. Mebbe.
I've seen many bear tracks. This wasn't bear.. 4 steps going up and out of a drain . Very steep , you could see where the toes curled to grip the dirt. Call me crazy but it's what I saw and never seen before or since. 2 miles deep, 2 grown guys high stepping to get back to truck. Now I got to find the old photo. I layed a pack of cigs next to the track for size verification. Late 80's I believe

bany

Note to self.. Public/National Forests are used to grow Pot..quite often from the sounds of it ?
Leaving the CNF one hunt 3 DNR fellas in a truck were interested in what I may have seen in the woods. Not concerned about what I may have killed or my license, just plastic buckets etc.