Strange Things Found In Woods

7Mag Hunter

Liquor stills on Paulding Forest..
Heart shaped helium balloon (flat) with a sealed sandwich bag with a note from a young girl from Alabama..(sent her note back to her)..It had been a year since she launched it from Ala..
Pot plants in 5 gal buckets on the ONF.... And more pot plants along
a creek on the ONF...
HUGE cat tracks along Pumpkinvine creek on the Paulding forest....Much to large for bobcat...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I hunted Paulding Forest area back in the late 80s and early 90s and there was a good bit of stuff to walk up on. So many roads through the woods that either grew up or were blocked off. Never know what someone would dump off or leave. There's a rusted out VW bug that I used to take a hard left at when I was hiking back in the mornings :p .

This park bench is in the middle of a woods thicket here in IL.
bench 2.jpg

And this kitchen chair is in the middle of 500 acres of hardwoods on our MO farm. Long ways to carry a kitchen chair for hunting lol.
chair.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
BUT...the strangest thing I can ever remember witnessing was a 1000 yards off the road in a cut corn field on our MO farm. There was an older fella of about 65 and a younger fella of about 18 doing bad bad things over the hood of this red fusion. Bubba and I pulled around the bend and saw it sitting there and crazy story the old fella told from there was very strange in itself. So they got in their ride and left town quickly :D :D

From that day forward I call this location red fusion :bounce:
fusion.jpg

godogs57

There was a tornado that came through Dahlonega back in the 90s and it tore up the R-Ranch pretty bad. For the next couple deer seasons, we were finding registration papers on horses, and various debris from the ranch. There was even an entire 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails still in it way up on the side of the mountain. The particular mountain I was hunting where we found so much debris was over 15 miles as the crow flies from the site of the tornado.

One of my best buddies lives next door to R Ranch. He was out deer hunting and saw his house get turned into a convertible in that tornado.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
One of my best buddies lives next door to R Ranch. He was out deer hunting and saw his house get turned into a convertible in that tornado.

Then chances are, we were finding bits and pieces of his house over the next couple seasons. It's really pretty remarkable.

westcobbdog

BUT...the strangest thing I can ever remember witnessing was a 1000 yards off the road in a cut corn field on our MO farm. There was an older fella of about 65 and a younger fella of about 18 doing bad bad things over the hood of this red fusion. Bubba and I pulled around the bend and saw it sitting there and crazy story the old fella told from there was very strange in itself. So they got in their ride and left town quickly :D:D

View attachment 956714
Just puked in my mouth, thanks.

dank1296

2 weather balloons in 30 years on 48 acres in Warren County landing sites were about 100 yards apart. Had return envelopes to send back to NOAA

bany

Then chances are, we were finding bits and pieces of his house over the next couple seasons. It's really pretty remarkable.
My buddy was staying/hunting at the ranch that day! Drove home in the storm and didn’t know what happened. Got back in and his empty cooler was still sitting on the porch!

bany

Gotta look hard to see fragments but that’s the end of the rainbow!
And the front end of jimmy hoffas vehicle ?

Attachments

• 9D5B4F71-5358-4B07-AD22-7459955A0466.jpeg
    9D5B4F71-5358-4B07-AD22-7459955A0466.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 165
  • B5FC3C7A-41E2-4101-99C8-AA05429A0F18.jpeg
    B5FC3C7A-41E2-4101-99C8-AA05429A0F18.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 162

ugajay

Was easing through the woods headed deer hunting one morning and saw a white glowing light slowly coming towards the ground. Really odd experience. Turns out it was a balloon with a light inside it. Made sense beins how it was just after new year's Eve

livetohunt

I was at an Illinois lease I had a few years ago. As I drove up to the farm I saw smoke, and as I got closer realized it was coming from the farm I leased. I went down a logging road to investigate and found a car someone drove in and set on fire. I called the landowner, and the police arrived shortly thereafter. There is a rental home on this farm and the kid was known to be involved in illegal activities. Even though he checked himself into a hospital that day for burns no arrests were made. I guess they stole it and committed other crimes, and then burned the evidence.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
BUT...the strangest thing I can ever remember witnessing was a 1000 yards off the road in a cut corn field on our MO farm. There was an older fella of about 65 and a younger fella of about 18 doing bad bad things over the hood of this red fusion. Bubba and I pulled around the bend and saw it sitting there and crazy story the old fella told from there was very strange in itself. So they got in their ride and left town quickly :D:D

View attachment 956714

Dang, that Fusion looks to have a Dealership paper tag on it, as it is surely not the normal types of numbers and letters of any known State, so it must be new......at least to one of them anyway !!!!!!! :cheers:

Maybe someone was showing off "his new ride" to somebody else !!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::pop::pop:

bullgator

Dang, that Fusion looks to have a Dealership paper tag on it, as it is surely not the normal types of numbers and letters of any known State, so it must be new......at least to one of them anyway !!!!!!! :cheers:

Maybe someone was showing off "his new ride" to somebody else !!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::pop::pop:
More like negotiating a better price!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

ha...it had Missouri plates. But I like your theory :D

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
ha...it had Missouri plates. But I like your theory :D

You are right, it is Missouri plates and I see the ones on my close friend's car each year while we are on vacation together. Missouri has had pretty much the same design for several years now and it is easily recognizable.

My friend lives in Nevada, Missouri and I am curious if any of your hunting areas are anywhere close to that side of the State.

I have to admit, I was hoping my theory would work though.

:rofl: