stripe Bass

jay sullivent

i eat a lot of fish and i'm always trying different ways of cooking it to keep from getting tired of it. i slow cooked some fillets on a little homemade grill i made over coals from split oak instead of charcoal. i threw some hickory chips in the coals for smoke and hickory flavor. i i put the fish in tin foil with a little corn oil and seasonings and punched holes in the tin foil. the foil was mainly to keep the fillets together.i covered it and let it smoke in there for a few hours. it turned out really well. another good thing to do is sqeeze a fresh lime over the fillets then cook them in hot corn oil. season them however you like. i like crushed red pepper. when that lime juice hits that hot corn oil it smells awesome. makes the whole house smell good. don't use any flour or corn meal. just lime juice, seasonings and hot oil.

Last edited:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Stripers

Of course get all the blood streak out, get some Fish 7 Chips batter mix you can get it at Ingles deep fry it in Peanut Oil. It'll make you slap your Granny! :bounce:

jay sullivent

mountain man is correct. you have got to cut all the red meat out. if the fish are small it isn't that bad, but anything over 1 1/2 lbs you got to trim the red out.

L

loouuii

After trimming the red out sit the fish in a shallow baking pan that has been coated with good olive oil. Lightly rub a coating of the same olive oil on top. Then lightly coat with the following;

Basil
Mint
Ground orange zest
Parsley
sea salt
pepper
l sprinkle a few drops of lime juice and then orange juice

Bake in a 300 degree oven till done

A variation is to mix the herbs in flour and make an egg wash. Dip in the egg wash and then the flour mix then fry the fish till done using olive oil again