Striper Yakkin' on the Hooch!

HydraYak

Nothing but schoolies showing up at the dam. Still dodging storms and hunting the big'uns.

panfish

Is there any keepers in there? Iv never fish for striped bass. Thinking about trying. Looks fun from a kayak.

ryanh487

I've heard that if you cut a rainbow trout in half (since there's no LIVE bait fish allowed in the river) and toss it at the base of the dam you'll have a big one on before it hits the bottom. Anybody tried this?

HydraYak

Mostly schoolies this size, but there are bigger fish that get caught. Looks like i got to it the day before the river got blown out. It was bad today. Didn't even try it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What lure were you using?

Rabun

Enjoyed your video! Were you anchored up/drag chain at all or simply drifting down and paddling back up? If anchored, what was your anchor method?

Thanks!

HydraYak

No chain or anchor. Just drifting over the current of the river. The bottom is rock spiderweb'd with years of broken fishing line.

Rabun

No chain or anchor. Just drifting over the current of the river. The bottom is rock spiderweb'd with years of broken fishing line.

Thanks...yes familiar with the bottom there...it's nasty that's why I was wondering. I'll have to get back on the hooch again...it's been a while and it's a great fishery.

Take care

HydraYak

I've heard that if you cut a rainbow trout in half (since there's no LIVE bait fish allowed in the river) and toss it at the base of the dam you'll have a big one on before it hits the bottom. Anybody tried this?

I've heard the same but never tried. I've always used artificial at MF.

Also, I never eat these fish or trout from further up river. I hear Ecoli levels in the river can spike to crazy levels due to runoff. So everything i catch i throw back.