Stripers on the Chattahoochee below Lanier in the Summer.

Concrete Pete

Just wondering if there’s any point in going for stripers in the Chattahoochee below Lanier.

Don’t need anyone to post specific spots publicly.

I just don’t understand the migration and am wondering if all the action ended in March (as some people I’ve asked suggest).

Also curious about the Etowah and other rivers.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Plenty of stripers ‘upriver’ in all the north Georgia rivers. It’s a difficult fish to catch. But they are there

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
We catch Stripers between West Point and Columbus on the Hootch. Caught a couple two weeks ago.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Never hear of any between buford dam and morgan falls dam.
Above and below, yes.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Down here on the lower Flint in the heat of the summer the big stripers get trapped in the blue holes where the water temperature is cold enough for them to survive in when the regular river is too warm. Unique sight to drift by one and see a 50+ pound striper lazing around in that crystal clear water.

Big7

The Oracle
Skull Shoals at HWY 15 bridge but you need a boat.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Down here on the lower Flint in the heat of the summer the big stripers get trapped in the blue holes where the water temperature is cold enough for them to survive in when the regular river is too warm. Unique sight to drift by one and see a 50+ pound striper lazing around in that crystal clear water.
You need to point out that it is a closed season on the Flint when they are doing that......at least it used to be, and should still be.

Latest posts