Stripes feeding just out of casting reach from the bank

Richf7

I’ve bank fished three times from the same spot at my local reservoir and get there before 7:00 AM. I’m seeing huge splashes about 100 yards from the bank which are too loud to be a spot, hybrid or LM. I threw a Whopper Plopper out as far as I could thinking it may draw one in. Any advice on getting one of those big boys?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Float tube

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Been there done that and watching them stripers bust the water on top will make you nuts!!. I could never get one to hit a big rattle trap, but I threw it the farthest so I kept throwing it.
Try throwing a 1/2 to 3/4 oz buck tail jig! Sling that thing way out there…..Buck tail jigs are a staple for stripers and that’s what I think you are seeing. I never knew about the bucktail jigs while bank fishing, but Mac Farr’s jigs are pretty much a famous striper lure. I have had great luck with them on an umbrella rig though.

Richf7

Been there done that and watching them stripers bust the water on top will make you nuts!!. I could never get one to hit a big rattle trap, but I threw it the farthest so I kept throwing it.
Try throwing a 1/2 to 3/4 oz buck tail jig! Sling that thing way out there…..Buck tail jigs are a staple for stripers and that’s what I think you are seeing. I never knew about the bucktail jigs while bank fishing, but Mac Farr’s jigs are pretty much a famous striper lure. I have had great luck with them on an umbrella rig though.
Good idea on the Bucktail.