Summit vs Buckshot

DeucesWild

I have a Summit Goliath and a Buckshot Bigshot. Like them both. Summit is less weight and more comfy on those long sits so I'd have to give it the edge over the Buckshot.

HuntingFool

I have several Viper stands that I bought about 10 years ago. All were the SD Ultra I believe that had footrest, padded foot platform, drop blind and surround seat. I love the surround seat because it comes around you and helps keep you warm on those cold days. No issues climbing with the surround seat at all.

Flakeyone

I have always hunted facing the tree. Two good rifle rests on each side of the tree, if the suns in your face move over a little use tree to block it. same thing for snow. I hunt from a buck shot since it’s all I have ever owned.
6’3” 225 lb. light weight ?

Hunter1699

I have a Viper, Goliath, old original Buckshot and new Buckshot self leveling. All are great stands but to go high and have the confidence of no movement, being comfortable and climbing I am Buckshot all the way. The self leveling feature is outstanding but takes time to get used to. My two cents!! you won't go wrong either way.

biggdogg

Another vote for summit.I have the Goliath and it's far and away the most comfortable stand I've ever used. And fwiw, I'm 6'2" 290 lbs and I have plenty of room in that stand.

roll tide

6'4 300 here. I have a Summit 180 and a Goliath. Both are fabulous stands but the next one I buy will be a another 180. I like the room it gives me. Can`t speak for the buckshot but I absolutely love my Summits.

Buckstop

Bought four buckshots bigshots 12 to 20 years ago and the’ve served me well. Solid construction and the adjustable backrest makes a good padded shooting rest when facing away from the tree. There has been some years the’ve been out of production.

Haven't owned a Summit but enough folks speak highly of them, I’m imagine they are a great product too.

Goatman70

Used them both. I bought a treewalker last season....never going back. It's light weight and supports 350 lbs with all models. Good teeth on it to sink into the tree. Check them out before you buy a summit

Hillbilly stalker

Used them both. I bought a treewalker last season....never going back. It's light weight and supports 350 lbs with all models. Good teeth on it to sink into the tree. Check them out before you buy a summit
I had one of them several years ago and they are comfortable and light. They used to really chew up a tree bad, have they changed the teeth on them ?

Goatman70

They have pointed bolts around the base. They dig in, that's something I like b/c I've had summits pop out of the tree. If summit would.improve their bases I'd be fine with them. I hunted a summit for 15 years, they're good stands, but the treewalker climbs better to me.