**Sunflower update**

tgw925

Boy am I glad that the weather has been on our side thus far since we put this seed in the ground, planted it April 21st. First time planting sunflowers and it’s turned out to be quite the pleasant ordeal. Luckily the farmer planted the lower 60 acres of this field in soybeans the same day we planted the sunflowers so the deer caused zero concern. Should be full of flowers within the next week. 7B5121BE-B40A-43E9-A6C3-906512E95EDE.jpegFF223F27-B441-461D-A441-D0BF6BFC8B98.jpeg35746794-6A7E-4618-98D9-BEC9CDB4515B.jpeg

Nugefan

Very nice stand of em ....

fountain

Looks good. I sprayed mine last weekend and I can't really tell much difference yet. Nut grass is terrible on my spot and deer are beginning to hit it as well. May be a bust for me this time

tgw925

We've been lucky and have had very little weeds show up in ours, there is a few broad leaves and coffee weeds but nothing to cause an issue. We didn't plant Clearfield's so we are limited to the post-emergents we can apply, thankfully the rain hit perfect with our pre-emergents making it very effective.

wcg2

What type seeds did you plant and what pre-emergent did you use. The field looks awesome!

Triple C

Looks like you delivered a walk off game winner on that crop of sunflowers! That is one fine looking stand of sunflowers. Congrats! Keep the updates coming!

tgw925

Directly following planting we applied a mix of Prowl, Dual, and Round-up. Got a good inch of rain the following day and over an inch 2 days later. It did a good job of incorporating all applications.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Beautiful!!!

95g atl

Oh my!!!! Gorgeous...!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
One day I'll plant something like this at the hunt club.