Super Friendly 1-year old large male pit/lab mix ...waiting on a human by my truck parked in forest.

U p d a t e ...Wiley left our camp house. Just a few days ago I happened upon him 2 miles from our camp house. It was a happy reunion. A homeowner said it is his dog. He was in the hospital and unable to care for him. When he came home the dog was missing. Now I can stop by give him some treats :)

This poor fellow is thin and was sitting waiting for a human to return to my truck in the middle of the forest. Pretty smart! I call him Wiley and brought him home with intent to rescue. I already have 2 pit mixes and one is dog aggressive and made it obvious she won't accept him. So I took him to our home we rent on our hunt lease and left him alone there with 50 lbs dog food, a bed, and 20 gallons of water. If I can't find him a home soon, I will have to take him to Animal Control where he will be killed. His time is running out and it's getting down to days. He will make a great hog dog or a wonderful pet in rural setting. I believe I'm the first to leash him. Took me about 15 minutes and he got used to it just fine. He didn't like being inside fenced area in my subdivision. He deserves so much more than subdivision living anyways. He has shown love for people. I took him to a nearby home to see if the residents had seen him before. They had 2 large dogs that approached me and growled scaring me. Wiley jumped between me and them and let out a single growl. The other 2 dogs walked away, and Wiley turned and sat down next to me. Hope that helps communicate his temperament. I thought him to be mighty fine and would love to be able to keep him. I'm confident he is easy to train. My network of potentials has fizzled out. Please spread the word. Please help me get him off Death Row by communicating with your friends, family, & coworkers!

I'll pay for his shots and I'll drive him across the state and deliver him to you. I'll consider other states.

Attachments

• Wiley1.jpg
    Wiley1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Wiley2.jpg
    Wiley2.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
One of our club members owns 2 high-end Italian Restaurants. I fed him our refrigerator contents. His first meal with me was 10 entrees - $35 each if I had to pay! Friends for life.

Dbender

That dog looks to be in perfect shape to me. If this pic is when you first picked him up I'd say he belongs to someone close to your hunting club.

Thanks for the advice Dbender. I could be mistaken. His frame is huge and he probably weighs less than 60 lbs. I think he should be about 20 lbs heavier. Ribs show. This weekend I'll visit more homes in the area as you could very well be right. I was surprised he is as friendly as is. He is about 1/2 mile from from where I picked him up and he stayed at our camp cabin for 2 hours until I returned. He chased my truck down paved road right after I met up with him.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
If you aren't able to place him, google "no kill rescue shelters Georgia"
There may be one near you. It doesn't have to like the below magazine cover. ;) Gil

Dbender

He honestly doesn't look thin at all. All my dogs are in shape. Visible ribs are fine depending on coat. Visible hip bones are a sign of poor/under nutrition. Most dumped dogs or dogs living on their own will have a standoffish, sneaky attitude. I'd say that dog is someones who lives really close to your club. He might just have slipped his collar. I've had good luck going old fashioned and post a flyer at the nearest quickie store.

greg_n_clayton

That dog looks to be in perfect shape to me. If this pic is when you first picked him up I'd say he belongs to someone close to your hunting club.
What I was thinking. Where is he at ?

greg_n_clayton

Need to figure out how to get him to Rabun County !

greg_n_clayton

He will not be hunted on pigs !! He will be a pet/yard dog !!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good looking pup , hope u find him a good home , good job helping him out !

greg_n_clayton

Thanks for the advice Dbender. I could be mistaken. His frame is huge and he probably weighs less than 60 lbs. I think he should be about 20 lbs heavier. Ribs show. This weekend I'll visit more homes in the area as you could very well be right. I was surprised he is as friendly as is. He is about 1/2 mile from from where I picked him up and he stayed at our camp cabin for 2 hours until I returned. He chased my truck down paved road right after I met up with him.
Got a guy that will take him if we can figure out how to get him up here. Should be able to find him a ride with a leaf looker !

Jester896

Senior Clown
Someone dropped this off by my kennels. The neighbor that saw them said there was no tag on the car.
dog (566 x 475).jpg

see the spine and hip joints...the dog you have is in fine shape