Super friendly large 1-year old male Lab/Pit Mix needs home ...found sitting by my truck when I returned from hunting.

U p d a t e ...Wiley left our camp house. Just a few days ago I happened upon him 2 miles away. It was a happy reunion. A homeowner said it is his dog. He was in the hospital and unable to care for him. When he came home the dog was missing. Now I can stop by give him some treats :)

This poor fellow is thin and was sitting waiting for a human to return to my truck in the middle of the forest. Pretty smart! I brought him home with intent to rescue. I already have a lab/pit mix and she is dog aggressive and won't accept him. So I left him at our home we rent on our hunt lease with 50 lbs dog food, a bed, and 20 gallons of water. If I can't find him a home soon, I will have to take him to Animal Control where he will be killed. My friend network has fizzled out. He would make a great hog dog. Please spread the word.

Attachments

• Wiley2.jpg
    Wiley2.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Wiley1.jpg
    Wiley1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

MCBUCK

Contact the Atl Lab Rescue. They will help find a home

greg_n_clayton

Where is he at ? I been messaged you. I got a guy looking for a similar dog, and he will not be hunted !! He will be this guy's pet and yard dog.

And he would live in country !
Hi Greg,
I just got your message. The dog is near the town of Culloden. It is about 20 minutes from Forsyth GA. I would rather him be a pet than a hog dog but hog dog is better life than death row. This dog has been friendly with everyone and shows no sign of being mistreated. He let me pick up his paws and look him over, and pull a few ticks without any concern - as if we had been life long buds. I'm pretty certain I'm the first to ever leash him - it took him about 20 minutes to get used to it enough to walk around our neighborhood.

When I found him, I drove up a paved road to a house to check if he was theirs. He chased my truck. I arrived at the home first and 2 large dogs who were doing their job stepped off porch and growled at me, putting a bit of fear in me. I call this dog Wiley and he arrived just in time, put himself between the other dogs and me and let out a single growl. He said something bad to those dogs because they walked away and hid behind bushes. Wiley turned and sat down by my side. I don't think he is dog aggressive, but I think he will defend his master and family against any threat.

If your friend is interested please let me know and we can arrange an introduction.

Thanks,
Jeff

greg_n_clayton

Need him a ride to Rabun County !!

greg_n_clayton

He will be a pet/tard dog. Not put on pigs.

greg_n_clayton

Anybody know if this guy found a home ??

Greg in Clayton - Please see update on original post. Sorry ...I did not get your message. I checked and my email is setup correctly. Perhaps a technical issue w/the forum? Thanks for offering to help. It seems I was put in this ole dog's path for just a time in need.

Latest posts