Surgery Completed and the Creek is now Clear!

olcaptain

When your pipes are clogged at home you don’t just call any old plumber. You want the best! When your arteries are clogged you will spare no cost to find that expert that can clear your problems! When Crooked Creek is unnavigable you do the very same thing!
That’s right boys and girls. When a tree is blocking this Ol Captain’s passageway up the creek to the Old Bridge and beyond there is only one group to call on to do the surgery! Who did I call? The best in the business, that’s who!
Dr. Danny Blair is the only Creek Surgeon I know of that can stand in a canoe and run a chain saw with one hand and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the other! I tell you folks; the man is amazing! But he will tell you himself that there is no “I” in Team and a Master surgeon is only as good as his supporting cast. Today Dr. Blair brought in his associate Dr. Mike Farmer and his Intern, young Lane Hulett. Dr. Mike and Lane were responsible for stabilizing the surgical table while the Master Surgeon worked his magic and to pass him necessary instruments as needed.
1.jpg
1b.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
In the other canoe were Dr. Jimmy Dowling a well-known Herpetologist who constantly was on the lookout for Jake the Snake. Of course, yours truly went along so as to give proper coverage to this historical event.
9.jpg
11.jpg
In almost no time at all Dr. Blair evaluated the situation, performed the surgery, and the pathway was cleared and completed! Dr. Jimmy and I went on ahead to make sure the remainder of the creek was clear and after that, we all returned to the Captain’s Quarters.

Gentlemen: I cannot thank you enough for what you did today. Once again, you have made it possible for those who love this creek to travel it free and clear of any major obstacles! A tip of the Ol Captain’s hat to each and every one of you!

Last edited:

Old Yapper

"In the other canoe was Dr. Jimmy Dowling a well-known Herpetologist who constantly was on the lookout for Jake the Snake."
He's the one who gets my vote and would be rewarded well for his observations and skills. (y)(y):)

Old Yapper

When your pipes are clogged at home you don’t just call any old plumber. You want the best! When your arteries are clogged you will spare no cost to find that expert that can clear your problems! When Crooked Creek is unnavigable you do the very same thing!
That’s right boys and girls. When a tree is blocking this Ol Captain’s passageway up the creek to the Old Bridge and beyond there is only one group to call on to do the surgery! Who did I call? The best in the business, that’s who!
Dr. Danny Blair is the only Creek Surgeon I know of that can stand in a canoe and run a chain saw with one hand and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the other! I tell you folks; the man is amazing! But he will tell you himself that there is no “I” in Team and a Master surgeon is only as good as his supporting cast. Today Dr. Blair brought in his associate Dr. Mike Farmer and his Intern, young Lane Hulett. Dr. Mike and Lane were responsible for stabilizing the surgical table while the Master Surgeon worked his magic and to pass him necessary instruments as needed.
View attachment 1093294
View attachment 1093267
View attachment 1093268
View attachment 1093269
View attachment 1093270
In the other canoe were Dr. Jimmy Dowling a well-known Herpetologist who constantly was on the lookout for Jake the Snake. Of course, yours truly went along so as to give proper coverage to this historical event.
View attachment 1093271
View attachment 1093273
In almost no time at all Dr. Blair evaluated the situation, performed the surgery, and the pathway was cleared and completed! Dr. Jimmy and I went on ahead to make sure the remainder of the creek was clear and after that, we all returned to the Captain’s Quarters.

Gentlemen: I cannot thank you enough for what you did today. Once again, you have made it possible for those who love this creek to travel it free and clear of any major obstacles! A tip of the Ol Captain’s hat to each and every one of you!
GREAT POST....Horace(y)(y)(y)

Mars

I need to do the same in my little creek but I think I can get away with using chest waders.

I've stood up in a canoe before but never with a chainsaw :eek2:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
View attachment 1093294
View attachment 1093267
View attachment 1093268
View attachment 1093269
View attachment 1093270
View attachment 1093271
View attachment 1093273

Makes you realize that people are good! Mr Horace,post up some pictures of recent catches please.

Old Yapper

Nice teamwork and great friends.

As a side note, I used to make fun of electric chainsaws, but these two Ryobi chain saws get work done.

View attachment 1093970View attachment 1093971
I have both and they work GREAT!
I don't think they're good to wipe out a 100 year old oak tree, but for normal use and if you go slow...they're allright with me.
No smoke, none of that wretched noise, and best of all no sparkplugs and engine stuff to have to fool with.