Suspect in disturbance at Missouri Walmart says he was testing 2nd Amendment rights

Well you see that’s it about the 2nd amendment. It shouldn’t have to be tested. I’m fact that dude shouldn’t have been the only dude walking around open packing.

So much so that it doesn’t raise an eyebrow. Yet most of the comments in this thread is of how this guy wasn’t smart when what we should be saying is isn’t it a shame that firearms being carried openly has a stigma attached to it.

This stigma is an intentional manifestation of the lefts goals and I would argue that it has been their most successful step in eliminating the 2nd amendment.

I’ll take it a step further. Many of these mass shootings can be laid at the feet of the left because had they not created this irrational fear of open carry these unhinged morons would have been stopped in their tracks quick. The left has a whole lot of blood on their hands.
Walking around town with your Colt Gold Cup National Match 1911 strapped to your side is one thing. Body armor and an AR-15? Yeah, it's legal but you're going to draw a lot of attention to yourself and a lot of that attention is going to be bad attention. Like mama always said, play stupid games.........

I’m no fan of some guy walking around in public with an AR, just because he has the right to do it, especially with body armor.

My point here in this thread and the fact that some 30 States that it is legal to do so, are probably about to be illegal.

In a nutshell, there goes further restrictions on the 2A constantly being chipped away.....period.

Simple as that!

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Walking around town with your Colt Gold Cup National Match 1911 strapped to your side is one thing. Body armor and an AR-15? Yeah, it's legal but you're going to draw a lot of attention to yourself and a lot of that attention is going to be bad attention. Like mama always said, play stupid games.........
Well said wise one, this is all I was saying!

PopPop

Discreation is the better part of valor.
Consideration of others is the foundation of civility.
Just because you can does not mean you should.
These tenets were once nearly universally held in this culture, but then this ain't that culture no more.

And that was his intention. He is no friend of ours.

I think it worked out exactly like it should have! He got to exercise his 2A rights, and a good guy with a gun did what he thought was right. Nobody got hurt luckily. He will get a citation for his stupidity, and the fireman will go home safe.

kmckinnie

Staff member
I guess it’s like a sign that says free beer. Some bring a small glass and get beer.
Me I pick up the keg and walk out.

The day may come that we need to walk everywhere carting a AR.
I’m sure on that day Walmart is not open.

Otherwise, seems that the best they got is trespassing, if Walmart has a sign stating no weapons allowed.

Stupid isn't a crime.
Except in almost evry state besides Georgia, if a business has a no weapons sign posted and you walk in there with a weapon, you are charged with a crime and you lose your CCP or pay a huge fine. They don't have to ask you to leave first. The sign carries the weight of law.

dwhee87

In Ga, if you are asked to leave a business (carrying or not) and you don't, you can be charged with criminal trespass.

Just because you have a firearm, doesn't make you the police. It is a really sticky mess to get into.
What special right do the police have that a permitted citizen doesn't to protect themselves or others? No difference to me. In fact if a cop walked into that walmart all decked out with armor, mags all over and a AR rifle without reason he ain't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer either....JMO.

What special right do the police have that a permitted citizen doesn't to protect themselves or others? No difference to me. In fact if a cop walked into that walmart all decked out with armor, mags all over and a AR rifle without reason he ain't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer either....JMO.
You mean, besides the badge, the courts, body armor, back up...? The average citizen should ALWAYS be able to DEFEND. But not to interpret and act as the law. Until a weapon is drawn, or the threat to draw, it isn't a crime to carry. The kid never raised a weapon. He certainly deserved to be watched though.

Allowing the average citizen to act as law in the absence of sworn officials, would be like the time Barney deputized Goober.

I am in no way saying that the guy in Wmart did himself or anyone else a favor by wearing body armor and carrying an AR15.
While I think what he did was not smart for himself or thoughtful to others I also do not think it was Illegal.

If I was going someplace that I expected trouble or I thought trouble might happen in the form of a shootout, I don't think taking an AR and body armor would be a bad idea.
In hindsight, with what happened at a few walmarts between actual shootings and people threatening to shoot them up..He was in bad taste but certainly prepared for trouble at a Walmart.
Problem is, he may have expected trouble and went prepared to face it in case of a mass shooter was there but he became trouble for others which was what he did not expect.

Actions = Consequences and not always as intended.