Swamped with hens.

chrislibby88

Any one else seeing lots of hens? I’ve counted 15 hens so far this season. Two came in with a Tom, and I’m pretty sure 3 of them were the same group I glassed on a power line the evening before.

All these have been seen on my local WMAs, I’ve seen probably another 5-10 on the side of the road on private land.

hambone76

I had a big Tom at 80 yards yesterday morning. He had too many hens to break and come check me out any closer. All I could do was sit back and enjoy the show. Other than that, all I have been seeing hen-wise are a lot of single hens feeding around early morning.

Arrow3

Any one else seeing lots of hens? I’ve counted 15 hens so far this season. Two came in with a Tom, and I’m pretty sure 3 of them were the same group I glassed on a power line the evening before.

All these have been seen on my local WMAs, I’ve seen probably another 5-10 on the side of the road on private land.
You consider 15 hens being swamped?

Back when we had turkeys in Oglethorpe county in good numbers each gobbler would have that many...

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Lots and lots in one pic. It's made for a quieter than normal season. As henned up as the toms are, I'll take the amount of egg chances for the future.

sowgabuckstalker

It’s strange at my primary spot - I know there’s tons there (get pics of droves of them) but never hear or see them while hunting, maybe that’s a testament to what kind of turkey slayer I am ??

4x4Taco

I have a field I like to hunt that can see a long way. The first hour or so is crazy with Gobblers Gobblin and hens yelpin and cutting. I think I saw 10 the last time I sat there. After that first hour the hens go find there nests and all gets quite. That is when I get started. I haven't been there since yesterday. Cant wait till tomorrow morning.

chrislibby88

It’s strange at my primary spot - I know there’s tons there (get pics of droves of them) but never hear or see them while hunting, maybe that’s a testament to what kind of turkey slayer I am ??
Might be better to not see them than blow them out. 3 busted me the other day, bumped into one in some pines coming out of a creek bed, as she busted out, and then two more farther down the line stand spotted me walking back down the main road 5 minutes after that. Guess I was in the right area though haha.