Swap

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Bout time for another fly swap. Who is interested and what kinda swap would you like?I'm thinking Terrestrial maybe but open to anything.

WinMag.300

I would

be in never done one so tell me what needs to be done.

iFish

ditto. Was at the Fish Hawk today. Pocket is a lot lighter due to that.

fishnpreacher

Never done a swap here on GON, but I'm up for it. Terrestrials sound like a fun swap....I tie a pretty good black beetle. At least the trout in Yellowstone thought so...:rolleyes:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Got a couple takers ,anyone else?

bonedog

I got my mojo back after the last swap. I'll do better than the abominations I sent in to Josh's swap. Probably will tie an ant of some sort.
bd

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I got my mojo back after the last swap. I'll do better than the abominations I sent in to Josh's swap. Probably will tie an ant of some sort.
bd

Sounds great. And your contribution to the last swap was fine, BTW!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I just got into flyfishing and fly tying. Can you tell me about a swap?

It is very simple. Once we decide what the type fly we will tie,you would tie one fly for each member of the swap,less one for yourself. Once you finish tying the set,you mail the flies to the swap host. He/she will sort the flies and mail them back giving each member of the swap one from each other member.So if there were 10 members in the swap, you would receive 9 different flies back.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'm a novice but I am interested!

OK:cool: Swaps are great for get'n tyin practice.

Need a few more then we'll kick this thing off.

fishnpreacher

Just a note on swaps. I never fish my "Swap Flies". They go in a separate box for future reference, patterns, etc. They are also useful in seeing my own tying progress. My first swap flies were pretty much limited to boogers and really simple stuff. And they caught fish. I still tie and fish boogers and simple flies, but the quality of my flies has improved greatly.A fly doesn't have to have all sorts of exotic materials and umpteen steps to tie to be a pretty fly and be productive. One of the best producing flies I know of has 3 materials...hook, thread and yarn. The popular egg pattern has caught its share of fish, I garontee!

So you beginners feel free to join in! I'd love to swap flies with you!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Count me in.Terrestials? Sounds great, what size preference?

I will post a sign up thread and list the rules,but generally any size is fine.Thanks for your participation.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Official Swap sign up thread is stickied at the top. Please sign up in that thread.