Sweetest bow you ever shot....

Tailfeather

Well......What was it?

LanceColeman

Sweetest (IMO) easy slick smooth draw exhibiting perfect force draw combined with the precise preload of draw wieght. Add soft in hand feel after the shot, positive grip placement for consistancy and enough speed to impress the shooter. i.e. everything a bow needs to be all rolled up together only sacrificing just enough of one to exibit the other giving a perfect combination and the happiest medium you can find.....

Recurve?....... 62" Brackenbury
Longbow? ........ 66" 21st century

Last edited:

Warped Arrow

Gone But Not Forgotten
Was and still is my Bob Gordon Warf. Given to me by a friend, made by a friend. She is my go to hunting and 3-D bow. I call her the SC Predator.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
64"Tomahawk Diamond Woodland Hunter.

Dennis

66" Wes Wallace longbow
62" Wes Wallace recurve
56" Shrew Classic Hunter
66" Apex Predator

emusmacker

My Flatwoods Custom Bows long bow is by far the sweetest shooting bow I've ever shot.

dutchman

My scum-bag WARF, Black bear riser with Hoyt Carbon Foam limbs.

Gotta love them Scum Bags!;)

For me, it is probably a Roy Hall Apache Longbow. I forget the specs, but the bow belongs to choctawlb's boy Axle...

My two Apex Predators shoot just fine for me. Both are 66". One is 45@28", the other 47@28". They do the job.

So does my 64" Berry Tucannon...55#@28". QUICK!!!:cool:

longbowdave1

the sweetest bow i ever shot was my first bow i got at a 5 and 10 store in northern wisconsin back in '72. it was a sheer thing of beauty! white glass, bout 10#, and came with two fiberglass arrows. i was the proudest kid around, flingin' arras into a shoe box stuffed with newspapers.
38 years later, i still shoot with the same excitement, lovin' every minute of it. :yeah:

Last edited:

Tailfeather

the sweetest bow i ever shot was my first bow i got at a 5 and 10 store in northern wisconsin back in '72. it was a sheer thing of beauty! white glass, bout 10#, and came with two fiberglass arrows. i was the proudest kid around, flingin' arras into a shoe box stuffed with newspapers.
38 years later, i still shoot with the same excitement, lovin' every minute of it. :yeah:
I had one of those, too! Only mine was red.....:D

I love my Apex Predator....shoots great to me.....smooth, quiet, no hand shock. I just don't have enough longbows under my belt to speak with any authority on other types.:)

hogdgz

Probably my 53# Black Widow recurve but then again my 3 piece Buffalo bow shure is sweet shooting and I have taken a major likeing too. And then the most easy bow I have to shoot is the Warf that Roger built me, its kinda heavy to carry around but is smooth, dead in the hand and will sling an arrow where you are looking.

Barry Duggan

That's still up in the air, but it ain't gonna be a Jerry Hill.

Jake Allen

Right on brother! :cool:

I am still looking for that sweetest ever bow.
So far, most I have shot have been excellent! :biggrin2:

Barry Duggan

"A little shocky"...lets just say it gives up too much of one and didn't get enough of the other, to find that "perfect combination and happiest medium" Lance was talking about.

Last edited:

TIMBERGHOST

#1 Mickey Wislon's 62" Blackwidow SAX - Osage. This bow belonged to Biggie Hoffman prior to Mickey owning it. I shot this bow about 20 times and was "bit bad" and had to have a BW of my own.

#2 My own 62" Black Widow PMA II Graybark - Standard issue and nothing really special about it but she pulls like butter and puts the arrow where I want it to go when I do my part.