T.P.'s 5th Annual Food Plot Prep Picture Thread

GeorgeShu

It should do just fine. The rain will assure good seed to soil contact as well as providing the moisture the seeds need to get on with their business. Go for it.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Planted last week, oats and wheat are up but need rain. Question, I did not get to plant my clover, so if we have rain coming this week will it germinate if I just overseed the clover seed without dragging it in? Got frosty berseem, yucchi, and some durana.
Yes just overseed the clover. With the rain it will get good soil contact.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Looks like Talbot County got 2 3/4" of a reasonably steady rain over night, so the food plots will be jumping down there!

Canuck5

Nearer to Columbus, might have gotten closer to 4" from 4pm till midnight.

davidhelmly

We got just under 5” just north of Greenville at our lease and around 3” at home in Peachtree City.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Thank you. 4 inches or rain last Wed. night put the final touch on it.

Those look great! The rain for us was the only thing good to come out of that hurricane.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Those look great! The rain for us was the only thing good to come out of that hurricane.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. My aunt lives less than 3 miles behind Mexico beach. I was happy they survived that mess, although they have no trees left and not much house. Was a spooky few days waiting until they could contact us.

HoCoLion91

Plan to spread seed tomorrow here in South Alabama. A little later than planned, but it should be up by Thanksgiving weekend for gun season5B725D7F-67FF-484C-98A1-A97C50369B66.jpeg417563A0-B8A7-4B6E-BBFA-F5503135270A.jpeg

Last edited:

Canuck5

A few unwanted guests
Piggies 2018.jpg

Triple C

Oh mercy! Canuck...Nothing worse that putting in all the time, effort and money on a plot and have pigs come in and basically wipe you out. They don't just eat it, they basically turn the soil upside down. We have one plot that we don't plant anymore that that reason.

Canuck5

We've been pretty lucky over the years and just occasionally having a few pass thru, but I think we have a good group here now :(

davidhelmly

Ewwwww, it may be time to go on a baiting/trapping/killing spree before they get too acclimated!!

Canuck5