Take my hunting card away!!! 11.538461.... Dove per Shot ratio

Hunk

that's right guys...take my hunting card and my man card away. I go to Chambers county Alabama this week for a dove shoot on my father in laws bosses' land. I almost take my limit of 15, but had to stop at 13 and I ran out of shells. I shot exactly 150 times, I had 6 boxes and 6 shells from last year. That's almost 12 shots per dove... I should be ashamed of myself.

They were flying very HIGH and FAST....

Still I know that's bad.... oh well it was fun, but man my shoulder is sore!

teethdoc

My ratio was better, but I would rather be in your shoes than mine. I only killed 3, but only fired 11 times. I would rather be shooting all day and missing, than roasting in the 90 deg. heat all afternoon for 11 shots. Still beat work though!!

Hunk

yeah we had a good shoot... When we started I got 3 birds in 5 shots... was feeling pretty good... but then it went downhill fast. I was about to just stop using my gun and throw shotgun shells in the air... might be more affective.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Hunk, once you buy the shells you might as well shoot them up. They would probably just go bad otherwise :D

Jim Ammons

Why do you think Federal, Fiocchi, Remington, Winchester and other ammunitions loves this time of the year? :clap: :shoot:

Yum, Yum

Batter those baby's, fry'em up, make some gravy and biscuits.........won't
be long be for you forget your shoulder and your ratio. Let's eat!!!!!!!!!
:p GGB

Last edited:

LKennamer

Don't feel bad

The national average for dove hunters is two birds per box of shells! So if you do better than one for every 12.5 shots you're above the curve! :cool:

Latest posts