Take the shoal bass survey

lampern

WRD is looking at a 15 inch statewide size limit on shoal bass

One survey question asks whether you would support a statewide 15-inch minimum length limit for shoal bass.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
No but I’ve tried.

Just letting folks know about the survey especially if they don’t want any changes

I want to see no size limit nor bag limit on spotted bass anywhere on the Flint, Hootch, Apapalach, and Chipola Rivers. It wouldn`t wipe em out but at least it would put a hurting on them. I know they are good eating because I`ve fried the few that I have caught.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I want to see no size limit nor bag limit on spotted bass anywhere on the Flint, Hootch, Apapalach, and Chipola Rivers. It wouldn`t wipe em out but at least it would put a hurting on them. I know they are good eating because I`ve fried the few that I have caught.
Add the Ocmulgee to that list.

lampern

Of the options mentioned in the survey the DNR mentions reducing the bag limit for all black bass species except spotted and largemouth

The size limit suggestion is just for shoal bass

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I release every shoalie I catch, slot limit makes no difference. Keeping every spot one catches in waters that contains shoal bass helps assure their gene pool survives hybridization.

That was my comment on the survey.

lampern

Shoal Bass Survey: Want to be involved in decisions about shoal bass regulations? Recent fisheries research, sampling efforts, and angler success have suggested Georgia’s rivers may benefit from updated regulations. To measure public interest and gather input, the WRD Fisheries Management Section developed a Shoal Bass Survey. This survey only takes a few minutes to complete and can help fisheries managers make informed decisions about future shoal bass harvest regulations.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member