Talbot County

Danny_GA

Well Ivan added to our problems. The dam on our bever pond blew out and took a road with it. We now have 400 acres not accessable by truck or four wheeler. I will call Meade in the morning, but I am sure the road repair waiting list is long and slow.

Ouch, sorry to hear of your troubles Danny. Sounds as if your end of the county may have gotten hit harder than ours. We were very fortunate both times the storms went through.

SlipperyHill Mo

Damage

Not too much bad news. The water came over the top of my dam and washed a little off the back side of it. My small boat got washed into the spillway ditch and got caught and restricted the overflow. This may have caused the water over the top of the dam. Only the second time in 5 years.

Had a few trees acroos the road, but not too much.

Danny,

Saw the bridge on Bugffington Rd. over Big Lazar creek and it was 3' under water! Not sure if the bridge is still there. Do you ever go down the road that far?

"And again Saturday morning. Found plenty of fresh tracks after the rain, so I know they didn't get blown out of the county. Maybe they went for a trip over to TArheel's place? Bet they were hungry when they got there."

That might be the case right now ICS but come October 16th it is going to be like the Golden Corral at my place. I am going to take a couple of those 8 pointers off your hands.

Well, who is in favor of the weather staying the way it's been the last two days?

:clap: I know I am. Wish I was in a tree this week.

Well, I certainly hope you do connect on an 8 point or two this fall Heel. I know our plots are growing well and hopefully yours are too. This week ought to be awesome for growth.

How'd your plots fare in the heavy rains Heel?

the weather has been great its that time of year let heaven begin good luck to all of yall i havent seen any big bucks yet killed only a doe that came in 20 yds she came rite into my drag rag that was sprayed with bow hunters set up

"How'd your plots fare in the heavy rains Heel?"

I am going to find out tomorrow or Saturday. I went ahead and bought some more stuff in case I need to replant. I will let you know but I am pretty sure the oats I planted will be history. If it all is fine I am going to scout a little and hang my stand.

You are right about this weather--it is incredible.

SlipperyHill Mo

What Foodplot?

Have not planted them yet. Going down this weekend. Too wet last weekend. Out of town the one before. This is the latest we have ever waited, hope we get it done.

dawg51

New to the forums at Woody's. Ramey, your old roommate got me started on this and just wanted to let you know that I also hunt Talbot Co. I am a member of Kennesaw BushWhackers and have hunted with them for 4 years now. I have hunted White Oak with Gates last year and really enjoyed it there. Will definitely be dropping by this year to see ya'll and hope to finally get to meet you. Later.

Well guys --always expect the unexpected.

I went today and believe or not my oats held and look great but the stuff I paid to get planted look bad. Acorns are down big time.

Found a great stand place but I cannot figure out my new summit viper-I may have even broken it today--it has got me down big time.

Now Heel, how hard can it be to hang a stand? Just kidding! How do you think you may have broken it?

Well, I didn't get to hunt this weekend. 3 of our guys did and no one killed anything. One guy saw a coyote, and another saw a spike with 12 - 14" daggers on top. Sounds weird if you ask me. Food plots are looking good. Acorns are down everywhere and still falling according to their reports. Looks like we're going to get some rain from Hurricane Jeanne, that is unless she gets turned around like she did in the Atlantic. Been a weird season for storms. But our foodplots like the rain.

Anybody else have any luck?

2 weeks til muzzleloader! 3 til modern Firearms! and 4 til I go to Illinois!

Danny_GA

One yearling doe was taken at Lost Gate this weekend and a small 8 pointer missed.

I was able to get two plots broken and will plant them next weekend. I have not been in hurry this year with all of the acorns on the ground. I am trying to time things to be raedy once the acorns start running out.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
None taken on our club this weekend.. I didnt see any. One member saw 13 total, all Does and babies but couldnt get shots.. It was awfully warm done there.Plenty of acorns , still hearing them fall to my suprise.. Several new rubs and small scrapes.. Maybe it will start cooling off soon...

"Now Heel, how hard can it be to hang a stand? Just kidding! How do you think you may have broken it"

You are right ICS. When it comes to putting some thing together I am an idiot. I never use my toolbox cause I hardly know what to do with it. I am good with anything else besides that and electronics. I know the law and I know finances but not building, putting together something.

I bent the latches to **** but thats it. I got stuck up the tree. I will give you a good deal on it if you want it. I need a ladder stand. All of this is the very reason why I plan on joining your club next year if you will still take me.

ok this is how it goes by georgia law you are not allowed to carry a fire arm with you while bow -hunting sept11-oct15 then when fire arms season (not muzzleloader season yall did say"" rifle"") kicks in you can bring a high powered rifle to the stand while bow hunting :flag:

Well, if you're interested in a ladder stand, you might be in luck. There is a guy who hunts between our property and yours, that lives about 5 minutes from you (just down from Dogwood country club) and he builds ladder stands. They have nice sturdy ladders and extra roomy platforms. They have a sitting platform and a standing platform. Not to mention they are taller than most ladder stands, the top of the seat is 17 feet if I remember correct, putting eye level at 20 feet. He also makes extensions for them if you want them taller. We have 3 or 4 of them on our place, if interested maybe you can take a look at one of ours. I think he only sells them for like $125 or somewhere close to that if I remember correctly.

As far as a summit climber goes, not interested. I like, nope, let me rephrase that, I love my Ol' Man climbing stand and a close second is my API GrandSlam Supreme. I hunt alot out of loc-on stands with ladder sticks as well.

If we have an opening, we'll take you under our wing and teach you a few things heel, :) I'm sure hoping to connect on one this weekend. I've been hunting at my house this week. I saw 5 bucks in my pasture Monday night as Jeanne poured rain. 1 was a big wide 8 or 10 point, and 2 were nice and tall 8 points with approx. 14-15" spread. Two others were there too, but they were much smaller. I passed on a 8" spike last night waiting for the bigboys to arrive.

You coming down this weekend Heel?

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Had a chance to hunt today, so I drove down to the lease and got there right at day break. I hunted my stand in the pines, and as I just got settled in about 7:40 I saw movement in front of me. I had a Doe coming to me . When she got about 40 yards in front she got behind some thick stuff. Poof she never appeared again. They seem to be moving early in the mornings right now. Gonna try to make it back for ML season..