Talbot County

jeffdavis20

Thanks for the info man. I did not do much better. I did try and take a doe in the clear cut, but flat out missed. :(

Another member saw a spike and a doe. That was all. Rain sent me home on Saturday. Anyone else do anything this weekend?

Jeff

jeffdavis20

Great uncle only saw a couple does, on the food plots. Hope you had some luck.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Anybody been in the woods, any reports? Was going down for the next few days and wonder if the 2nd rut has come and gone?

He Who Hunts

Anybody been in the woods, any reports? Was going down for the next few days and wonder if the 2nd rut has come and gone?

I'd like a report too. I haven't been since Thanksgiving and was thinking about heading down this weekend. After all this rain today, I was thinking they should be moving Saturday even if it is windy.

jeffdavis20

Anybody go over New Years? Heading down this weekend to close down the camp and get everything out. Wondering if there had been any action.

Anybody else going this last weekend of the season?

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Anybody go over New Years? Heading down this weekend to close down the camp and get everything out. Wondering if there had been any action.

Anybody else going this last weekend of the season?

Windy, cold, and a full moon.

Buddy popped a doe @ 9:am on Fri and saw does in a different spot walking a ridge @ 9:am on Sat

Didn't hear any shooting on Sat

SlipperyHill Mo

Tonk,
Was in Alabama all week but came to Talbot Friday thru Sunday.

Sure was cold!

Rut is just kicking in in Alabama, need to get back there. We killed 2 nice bucks over there in the last few days. Need to get back!

riddler

Anyone receive a $60 garbage collection bill from Talbout County? We told them we did not want garbage service. We have a cabin with water and power and they said that we have not choice. They are dropping off a garbage collection can at our gate. How stupid. We always take our garbage back with us each weekend.

win280

Anyone receive a $60 garbage collection bill from Talbout County? We told them we did not want garbage service. We have a cabin with water and power and they said that we have not choice. They are dropping off a garbage collection can at our gate. How stupid. We always take our garbage back with us each weekend.

You will need to contact you county commissioner about this. The lady in the office will be of no help.
The contract was written to include any structure with power and water. If that is the case , then every barn in the county should have garbage P.U as well as any abandoned house that still has power to it.
The actual cost is 120.00 per year,with the county paying 60.00(taxpayers) and the landowner paying the other 60.00 direct.
This is billed in arrears,so the 2009 bill should not be valid unless you have had garbage p.u for 2009.
Good luck.

GaBuckSlammer

Anybody else in the turkey woods this past weekend?

We had birds gobbling all around opening morning, but as usual on opening day, they hit the ground and were henned up. We followed, attempted to circle, but the hens would just pull them farther away when we called. In the next week or two things should get better. Seen some strutting in the fields today on the ride home in the rain.

GAbuckhunter88

We had a lot of gobbling but as it goes they were henned up. Had one Saturday morning stay on the other side of the creek and strut but then was pulled off by a hen. Then Sunday we decided to head out in the rain and had 4 gobblers across the clear cut just going back in forth but had about 8 hens with them so that was a no go pulling them across before the rain. We will be back at it next weekend.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Heard several yesterday morning gobbling but like was said before seems they were more interested in following the hens than coming to us.
Did have 1 nice bird taken Saturday on the club.

Latest posts