Talluah Gorge

sweatequity

I am camping with 3 teenage girls this weekend at Talluah Gorge in my new camper.

We plan on hiking and doing some fishing. Any tips on places to fish/eat/see?

90% chance of rain so activities may be limited.

We are staying at river falls at the gorge.

Thanks!

660griz

Rumor Hazit in Clayton is good place to eat.
Walk the steps at the falls if you are up to it.
Assuming you meant Tallulah. If not, never mind. :)

T-N-T

Kids love goats on the roof on the left headed towards Clayton.
Helen is close.

Actually use the search on here for Tallulah.
I had a thread a while back and got good responses to same question

KDarsey

Go south on 441 to Hollywood. Blue Creek BBQ & next door next to a convenience store is Cheryls Southern grill.
It is only about 10 miles. It's at the hiway 17 intersection on the right going south. You wont be sorry. Blue Creek has the best ice cream. Both are excellent places to eat. Blue creek also has some grocery items and Andy's fresh meat.

Artfuldodger

I understand that if the trail is wet into the gorge, or if it's raining, they won't issue you a hiking permit.
Panther Creek Falls locate 8 miles above Hollywood has a trail to the falls. There are some slippery and wet parts on it as well when it's been raining. The worse part it right before you get to the falls. One could hike to a smaller falls about halfway. That area is pretty and not a long walk.

I guess if it's raining, you might have to look for things to do in Clayton or Mountain City. There is the Foxfire Museum & Heritage Center in Mountain City but I've never been.

I see a The Tallulah Falls Railway Museum as well in Dilliard. The train depot is in the city of Tallulah Falls. I wonder if there is a covered area at the Lake Rabun Boathouse or the Marina on Lake Burton if you were dead set on fishing in the rain?
There is a museum in Toccoa as well.

I remember a lot of little shops between Mountain City and the North Carolina state line. Not sure how far you want to venture from your campground. There is always shopping in Helen if it's raining.
My wife and I used to like to walk down main streets of the little towns we were camping near. We've walked up and down the main street in Clayton years ago. Sometimes you can find some interesting stores.