Taurus recall

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher

Big7

The Oracle
Cool, Looks like I can trade my 10+ y/o + Taurus PT-111 MILLENNIUM Pro,
that has never had so much as a jam, for a brand new MILLENNIUM G2.

Works for me. I just need to make sure all 4 mags will fit?
Came with 2. bought a spare for $40.00
and I have one that works that came off of a 17 shot M-92.
:bounce:

transfixer

Wow ! I didn't even know this was a thing , what was the issue with those ? I considered buying a 24/7 model years ago, but changed my mind, I was never a fan of the Taurus line of pistols, but had no idea there was some sort of safety issue ?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I believe someone dropped one that had the safety on and it killed him or something. I've never had a single issue with mine, but I think I'm gonna send it in, I'd rather not take the Risk.

rjcruiser

Interesting. might have to send one in as well. If it was $300...I'd take the money and run. $200...well...probably just get it replaced.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I'm sending mine in to be replaced. Only problem is my slide got rusted pretty bad when I used it gator hunting in the altamaha and forgot to clean all that salt water off. It still works great, it's just ugly, hopefully they don't try and deny my claim for that issue.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Anyone sent thier gun in yet? I sent mine in Friday. Hoping it doesn't take very long to get a replacement.

GoldDot40

I believe someone dropped one that had the safety on and it killed him or something. I've never had a single issue with mine, but I think I'm gonna send it in, I'd rather not take the Risk.

Deputy Sheriff was pursuing a perp on foot. His backup pistol was a PT140 that allegedly fell, hit the ground and discharged on impact. The round struck a nearby vehicle. The deputy hired a lawyer who got the class action ball rolling.

rjcruiser

Anyone sent thier gun in yet? I sent mine in Friday. Hoping it doesn't take very long to get a replacement.

I thought the notice said not to send in yet? Did you ship it via UPS direct? or what? Details...I need details. :D

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Yes, the website provides you a FedEx label to ship it. You have to select what you want to do, then watch a video on proper shipping instructions, then fill out some info, serial number, address, ffl to send gun back to etc. I sent mine in that first week, now I can figure out how to check on the status. Lol it may be a few weeks or ,six months, and I got no clue. I had to borrow a pistol from my dad since I don't have an extra carry pistol.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I sent mine in last month, haven't heard anything, I can't find any info on how to check the status on the website. Has anyone else done this or have any info.

Cole Henry

Well that's not what i wanted to hear. I love my Taurus PT-145 Pro. Never had a single issue with it. Looks like I will be mailing it in for repairs/replacement whatever they decide to do.

Cole Henry

I sent mine in last month, haven't heard anything, I can't find any info on how to check the status on the website. Has anyone else done this or have any info.

I would call Taurus and find out what the deal is.. it said it should take approx 3 weeks.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I've called multiple times and can't get through with the company.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Well, after my fourth call on hold for more than an hour of giving up, I finally got to talk to someone. Guess what, they don't have an update, and won't have an update until February. However, they may send my gun back to my house, or send a new pistol to an FFL in which the FFL is in charge of calling me.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Still no update but I did see a post on a nother forum that states that no matter what gun you send in you will get back a 9mm. That is just gossip though.

JHannah92

I'm about to send mine in, hope it doesn't take forever to get it back. The rem 700 trigger recall only took a week and a half to get my gun back, sounds like this one won't be so quick.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I still haven't got any update on mine. Sent it in the second week of October. Read on other boards and it seems that's the norm.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Feb 1st and I still don't have a gun and no update. Taurus will never get a single penny from me ever again.

Reactions: Dub