Team #12 "Strut Masters"

Melvin4730

http://s952.photobucket.com/user/Melvin4730/media/20140415_115646_001_zpsxvtvandx.mp4.html

I called in two birds. One flew across a creek and landed about 30 yards from me. I shot him and my gun jammed, so I couldn't get another shell loaded. The other bird come flying over the creek and also landed about 30 yards from me. He strutted out in front of me for about twenty minutes and then walked off. He stayed gone for a few mintues out of sight and then come strutting back into to view to come beat up on his dead buddy. The one I shot gobbled good the whole time coming in. The one that lived would only gobble if I really bared down hard on the mouth call. The harder I bared down on it, the more he liked it. It strutted out in front of me a long time, before I decided to try to record him with my phone. I never got him back in camera view once I pulled my phone out, but I could still see him out there about 40 yards. I didn't want to call to him too much or scare him. I sat there and watched him. He finally walked off for good. He was actually a little better bird than the one I shot.

Maybe Ill go after him in the morning.

Last edited:

supert

Good job Melvin hopefully you'll get him I had one gobbling abot 10 times over the hill and wouldn't come in tried to ambush him and got busted by a silent bird and messed up the whole hunt going to try to get him Thursday morning

critterslayer

I thought it would never happen after the season I've had....but this morning after only 2 gobbles I connected on my best bird yet. Beards are only 10 inches, but the spurs should go at least 1 1/4. Will be breaking out the bow now!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Next time do the spur pic like this. O K

picture.php

critterslayer

Guys these last few days I'm gonna try to get my last two. I called one big bird in this morning but I was taking my friends for the first time and when they heard that first gobble they couldn't hold it together. Well I had the bow, and he skirted just outta range. I'm hoping we can get a big point jump before it's over.

critterslayer

Will be hunting every day until the end starting tomorrow. Really hoping we can place! Hopefully I'll get my first limit.

critterslayer

Called one in yesterday evening and he hung up. Got on him this morning right off the roost and he shook the woods gobbling all the way in. He popped out and I didn't have my gun up. I should have been on the side of the tree my brother was with the camera and tri-pod. He didn't give me enough time to get my gun up for a good shot but he put on a show, and drummed loud! I should've already had my 3 birds this season. This morning just made it worse! I have had so many birds this close all season.