Team 2 "3-Toed Mafia"

JoPa

Do you guys want a team name?

Sure. Give us a good one. I'm headed to camp this afternoon, work kind of got in the way of scouting but I'll have Friday to walk around. Supposed to have some rain but it's looking like Sat morning will be nice.

Reminex

I told my wife I was gonna be gone most of Saturday, she asked what I was doing? I told her turkey hunting and she said she thought that was over for the year. I then went through a period of breathlessness and uncontrollable laughter.
I then explained it hadn't even started and the last month was just me preparing. She really didnt like it when I told her "it's about to get real!". I better tag out fast!

Reminex

Guys I'm gonna PM yall my number, I take texts and calls anytime day or night. Looking forward to seeing some KABOOOOM texts very soon.

Toddmann

mtstephens18

Had an eventful morning. Originally didn't think I was gonna get to hunt. Didn't hear anything until almost 8. Then they went nuts in every direction. Called in two but they skirted is just out of range. They got with hens and went quiet. We stood up a while later to stretch and figure out a game plan and one gobbled 100 yards in front of us. He dropped off the side of the mountain and went away gobbling. Then I saw a bird cross the lead ahead of us. Called him in to thirty yards and he stayed there for a while but it was a Jake. Had to leave at 11 to go to a birthday party. Hope you guys are on em

JoPa

Not a lot of gobbling here either, but I've had two hang up on me so they are there. I've called in a few jakes too. Had a nice one Sunday morning get close but just did not want to come into range. We had 3.5 inches of rain Fri and Sat, so it was wet. Maybe next weekend.

mtstephens18

Y'all still alive? I haven't gotten to hunt much at all. The nursery is done for the time being. I haven't gotten to hunt a morning in two weeks but I have been a few times after work. I've not heard a peep in the evenings. Hopefully now I can get in the woods a little more

mtstephens18

I'm getting really fed up. Went back to my club this morning. Heard two way off in opposite directions. Set up on the closest one. Paid is ZERO attention. Tried to move on him. He went away from us and shut up. I know the area he was headed. We set up on several different sets in the area but once he quit gobbling he was done for good. We tried to locate the other bird later in the morning but never heard another gobbled after about 745. Can't stir up a mid day gobble for nothing. Hunted til 2:00 and finally got aggravated and left

Reminex

I have had some action but as of today I have heard roost gobbles on only 2 mornings. I forced a few henned up birds to gobble later in the day but it's tough this season. I have hunted 6 different tracts from 55-1100 acres and been almost every day at some point. I feel like I'll kill 1 more but a limit is looking bleak at this point. Maybe ill head back to Alabama before it closes.

mtstephens18

I'm glad you're getting some mid day action. I can't force a gobble out of one for nothin after about 8:00. Got s couple buddies that are on birds that are gobbling like crazy and coming in running. It's nuts.

Reminex

Killed #2 today. I hunted him hard, first saw him on April 1st, he only gobbled on the ground, never on the roost. He ran from calling and he could smell an ambush like William Wallace but he lost out today. On to easier birds, I hope.

mtstephens18

Congrats buddy! Glad somebody's had a little luck. I'm gonna give er one last shot Saturday but I ain't expecting much