BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
DLH_Woodstock
Army vet 4583
GaBuckHunter88

Last edited:

DLH_Woodstock

Hello Guys
I am back home and ready to go kill something. It will take me a few days to regroup but I am looking forward to getting to the woods early next week. I've got some plowing to do and the birds always seem to enjoy the fresh turned dirt. I have seen 6 mature birds on our lease and I will get a better look in the next two weeks.
Do we have a team name?

armyvet4583

Welcome home Woodstock. Haven't thought of a good name yet. Just finished my round of shift work for this round ,so we'll have 7 day to beat the bushes. Goin to listen in the morning maybe one will say hello.

DLH_Woodstock

Sorry Guys
I haven't been out yet, but I will be out there soon. Jet lad has been a big factor as well as putting an engine in my new old truck. I was hoping it would be Monday morning but that will not happen. Looks like Wednesday morning for me.

armyvet4583

My Wife came up with these.

Beard Bandits
BTD =Big Tom Down
Gobble Squad
Gobbler Getters
I like beared bandits myself. My 2nd tour to Iraq I was in B Troop. AkA Bandit Troop.
Goin again in morning temps are dropping and fixing to be cold and over cast. Just maybe We can find one to gobble for us.:biggrin2:

DLH_Woodstock

I like BB = Beard Bandits

What about you GAbuckhunter?

Not going to the woods this morning. I got the engine in and running in my truck yesterday. But I need two or three hours make sure everything is right and put some miles on it. I will be out there in the morning and setting up a camera as well.

Did you see or hear anything?

GAbuckhunter88

Beard Bandits it is!

I was out over the weekend and have a good many birds gobbling at my two properties. Cameras are showing 3-4 big toms as well. Hoping for a good season.

Where do you hunt at DLH? I live in marietta and have a property in canton and one in barnesville.

armyvet4583

Cold and rainy didn't hear any birds. Did see two flocks adding up to about 12 birds. Next week should be perfect turkey weather.

armyvet4583

Buck Hunter and woodstock have either of you two play this game before? I'm a first timer myself but think I'll be alright if some of the rednecks from this forum can do it. I have no worries haha. Also I think we need a team captain. Anyone jumping out of their skin to lead us pack a beard bandits?

GAbuckhunter88

This is my first time as well. We have a solid team so I'm pretty excited!!

DLH_Woodstock

This is my third year in the GON Turkey Challenge.
The team I was on last year came in third (I think) last year and first two years ago.
It can be a lot of fun and it can also be additive and take up all your time.
I know of three good birds and two okay birds where I hunt south of Atlanta. I still haven't gone down to see where they are hanging out but I will soon. Had planned to go this morning with my son but it was nasty and the fields will be too wet to plow.
Monday morning I have an appointment and should make it down to the woods about noon. I am hopping the fields will be dry enough to start plowing. I will plow a few plots this week and then a few plots in a week or two. I have found that the birds like the fresh dirt for dusting and feeding. This should keep them on my property if no one pushes them too much. It will also give me a chance to blast them! :cool::yeah:

armyvet4583

Looks to me Woodstock is our team captain by default. I guess you are also our chaplain by default.

DLH_Woodstock

Hey Guys
I'm ready to go kill something but it will be Tuesday before I get back. If it's good with y'all we need to start a group text. this is the fastest and easiest way to chat and stay in touch. If that's okay with y'all I'll start it. Also what do you thank about us getting together on a call tomorrow afternoon?

armyvet4583

I got to work this weekend so will be til Monday before I get a chance to go. Group text sounds fine with me. Conference call is cool can't to tomorrow til about 8:30. Free today.