Team #3 "Strut Bustas"

aaronward9

Where yall gone be sitting opening day?

Was planning on Talbot Co, but now those plans are done since my wife's aunt informed me today that they are going to the property for the weekend. Guess I'll be up here in Whitfield opening morning.

ghost8026

Ill be in camden at my lease on the satilla. .got a few foodplots in mind i hope to hit openin mornin but gotta see where other guys in club goin first or atleast beat them to the sign in sheet...if not the plot though imma hit some thinned pines in edge of river swamp

Maduro on Point

I will be in Greene Co. looking for better weather than opening last year.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I have not decided yet....... Either some property In Hall Co. or some gov't land in Banks. IDK just yet????

Maduro on Point

Brandon, How many of you on the lease ? Big acreage?

turkeyed

Best of luck to each of you this season in the Turkey Challenge. I would encourage to to read thru the rules again and be sure you are clear on the rules. Pictures are the key to the contest and there are many disqualifications each year due to members simply not following the picture requirements.

Also I have posted the prizes on a sticky at the top of the page. Please view the list, comment, and PM the members that so generously donated to this little contest. Without these folks we would not have prizes. Please let them know how much we appreciate each and everyone of them!

ghost8026

My lease that I do most of my turkey huntin at is right at 6000 acres about 3200 on the hill and rest is river swamps and swamps with creeks runin through them..we have 25 members total not all hunt though

Maduro on Point

Ok so you are talking a piece of land!! I am on 700 acres and thought I had some room to roam and just 7 of us.

ghost8026

Haha yea its a good chunk of land I use to work shift work up until last year snd on my days huntn durin week id have entire club to myself I love it that way....we don't have many diehard turkey hunters so that helps...first two weekends of season there prob be 8-10 of us but after that prob be 5 at most that hunt all season.......I have a 2nd lease about 20 mins away that is about 5500 acres just doesn't have the turkey numbers my other does

ghost8026

I seen a good bird today at the club had a solid 10 plus inch beard..I was leavn the lease rounded a curve and there he was with 5 hens...he was comin from a foodplot so that may be where I try sat am

Maduro on Point

Any one been out putting any birds to bed? Going to make a short week of things and get down to property Thursday and see if I cant tighten up my opening day spot. Its here fellas just a few more wake ups! Good Luck and lets have fun!!!

Last edited:

ghost8026

I've never been able to get them to answer me in the eves...I got two spots in mind for first thing sat am gonna go up fri eve till sun

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I've never been able to get them to answer me in the eves...I got two spots in mind for first thing sat am gonna go up fri eve till sun

It doesn't work too good up here either.........

ghost8026

what's yalls call arsenal for the weekend

20140319_193816.jpg

20140319_193836.jpg

Here are few my newest ones the glass with the pic and the spalted pecan striker will be the first ones to make a sound for me....just a few of what my vest will he loaded with

Maduro on Point

Brandon is that a copper surface on that one pot? I have never used copper. What kind of tones do you get from it? I use a few pots during the season but I guess my opening day pockets are light with just a Red Wasp and my Gaskins...

ghost8026

I like them gaskins a lot....yea it is copper..its lil deeper tone to it on this one and has more of an echo if get towards the middle the sides produce good yelps though....imma change few measurements on the next one make to pot little thinner I think will give it a lot truer sound..it was my first copper one and I used same measurements on it as my glass

Maduro on Point

I tell you its hard to get a bad sound out of the Gaskins unless you try. I may have to look into a copper pot. I use a Glass over Slate Tim made for me a few years back. ,

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Heard 6-8 different birds this morning. They are HAMMERING boys..... should be a good opener.