Team #3 "Strut Bustas"

Maduro on Point

Brandon yea you got it Red Cedar. Heading down tonight to set up camp for the weekend. Good Luck to you guys

ghost8026

Goodluck to yall also...I'm headn to the camp time I get off tomorro...I love cedar..all. have of cedar now is few strikers...neeed make me new cedar slate combo

aaronward9

Sorry I've been absent guys! I've been sick and now my little girl has had a fever for 3 days. Between her and work, I've been slammed! To be honest, I'm pretty bummed about how things are going right now. My opening day spot has had a camera out for a month ad not a bird has shown itself. I KNOW the birds are there because I cut the grass at the landowners house an have seen birds there for 5 years now during season. Maybe it will produce later in the year! My wife's family property in Talbot Co is booked the first 2 weekends so I'm hitting up my buddies to go with them! Going to hunt AL on Sunday at a place that's supposedly infested with birds. Might go to a buddies place in south Ga next weekend too. So we will see! I might be a middle late season killer! Let keep this thread updated so we will all know what's going on this coming weekend!

ghost8026

Well l forgot my dang new call with my daughter pic in it at the house...thought had everything but was loadin vest up and realized not there

aaronward9

How did everyone fair this weekend?? I got to go Sat AM and heard some birds, but didn't see any. Didn't get to go today. Will be back at it this weekend!

ghost8026

Sat am had him fly down at 75 came in hung up on me at 50 yards finally turned went into swamp gobblin till out of hearin..went back the evenin and nothin...sun am went same spot hooin he'd be in same spot heard one fire off real far away in other side swamp so I took off to the truck and circled around got there and he was across the block so I crossed that block and swamp amd set up on him and he never showed so maybe next weekend

Maduro on Point

Opening day was pretty good. Located a few birds early got set up. Brought in three hens that hung around and got upset with my cutting and decoy. As soon as the lead hen flew across a dry creek bottom she let out a cackle and a nice Tom fired off and come running along the bottom edge. Watched him strut around his girls for about 3-4 minutes @ 60 plus. He stepped on a log looked back and my decoy and when she didn’t join the fun he turned and walked off with his girls. Didn’t get him to come back. Sunday AM i had a short conversation after fly down with a gobbler but nothing more. Monday this AM I had one bird call to me and that was it. Packed up headed home saw three real nice birds on the road out. Heading back down Thursday. Good Luck

Last edited:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I heard birds both mornings and let 4 jakes walk Saturday.

ghost8026

Anybody been able go this week? Be fri eve before I'm able hit woods again but will be hittin I hard all weekend

Maduro on Point

Hey Brandon, you ever get back on that bird? This weekend was tough hunting with the wind and rain we had here. Got a bunch of hens but the Toms were hard to come by. I had this girl stay with me for close to 20 minutes but her nor I could bring one on in. Still enjoyed it and will be back at it Friday.....

ghost8026

Nice pic. ..no I never could get on him again or any others...sun am went in there set up ready for him do same thing as sat and wouldn't you know he was roosted across the swamp gobbled 5 times on limb and that was it...maybe this weekend weather be a little better and hope they start gobbling little more

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I let a big one walk the other morning......... he was on the wrong side of a fence. He was a dang good one too. I have the rest of the week off after I get off in the morning so I am gonna give'em a whirl.

aaronward9

No luck for me this weekend either. Will be back at it this coming weekend.

Maduro on Point

Good Luck to ya B.J put one on the board for us. Looks like the rest of us will be back at it this weekend.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
One down for the good guys....... Not a monster, but a mature bird nonetheless. Ya'll want me to post it up?? I'll get pics up in a bit. 9 1/2 inch beard, maybe 3/4 spurs and 20 1/2pds

Maduro on Point

Way to go BJ.. Can you put the pics your going to post to our page? Lets see the bird! Way to get the job done. I say get the points up on the board

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Well here ya go, we can wait to post it. But I think we should get the points while we can.

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 160

Maduro on Point

Outstanding! Congrats! Like you say points on the board I say throw it up! Way to get it started!