Team #3 "The Intimidators"

ghost8026

Im ready to get after em...gonna pack the truck and get groceries tomorrow and time I get off friday will be heading to the lease for the weekend...go. a shoot again when get there friday

deast1988

Im ready to get after em...gonna pack the truck and get groceries tomorrow and time I get off friday will be heading to the lease for the weekend...go. a shoot again when get there friday

Good luck we will get a group text goin Friday. Look forward to following yall this season.:cool::fine::cool:

sman

Hey guys since this is our team thread, I doubt any other teams will look here.

I have this 5pt bird caged behind my house. If we get close and need a 5 ptr, I will meet up with one of y'all. He needs to go, I can't sleep anyway.

Keep it on the down low.

Attachments

• IMAG0974.jpg
    IMAG0974.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 246

sman

Went and listened for a little while this morning. Heard one way way way off gobble twice. Not on my side.

Hunting Eastman Saturday. I haven't even been there since deer season. Dad listened there the other day but didn't hear any. I'm not discouraged, Todd and I both listened that day and didn't hear any either. I'm sure they are there. Got way to many trail cam pics of em back during deer season. One is a hoss and one is bigger than the hoss. Bunch of 2yr olds to sort through as well.

Good luck guys!

sman

Another team just pointed something important out,

Read the rules. Take a ton of pics. They are easy to delete.

deast1988

Another team just pointed something important out,

Read the rules. Take a ton of pics. They are easy to delete.

Good luck to you goin to private in the morning and lease Monday. Hope all is well we will get the text goin this eve. Be safe, be smart, take good pictures and Crush one to 3s face tmrw.

sman

This mornings bird had a 7.5" beard and 1 1/8" sharp spurs. Not sure I will do better but I should still have a lot of hunting to do good Lord willing.

Gotta quota hunt this week and a little more lease hunting. Possibly N FL, but I may put that off another week or 2. Still SC, KY, NM, and FL are coming. Pretty sure I will contribute my 3, I just want to see if I can do better. So I'm not entering today's bird, still happy to have him though.

deast1988

Sure is quiet in here.

I hunted 5 mornings have. Called up 8birds, watched 2 die but I can't find a gobbler I can pull the trigger on yet.

My season has been almost non vocal birds but I'm keeping after it.

Wish yall success. I'll keep talk posted! Good luck

sman

Sure is quiet in here.

I dropped a bird I was after for 5 mornings this morning. He was a good one. Called him and 2 hens all the way across a field. He was walking dead at me. I let him cross 40 and take a couple more steps. Then boom. He went down and right back up. I shot 2 more times. Couldn't find another she'll to save my life. I could feel em in the vest but couldn't get my hand in the right zipper.

I got up and chased him. Got 10' from him and grabbed the gun like a bat. He took flight right before I was going to swing. I watched him fly to the woods and stop. I found 2 shells and loaded em up. Took 2 steps in the woods and he flew off.

I hate this feeling. I hate it for the bird worse. I should've waited he wasn't going anywhere but closer. He had given me the slip and one time real close. I went back and it was 38 steps. I was shooting 3.5" 12 HeviShot Magblends. I have no idea what went wrong. Taking a few days off. Then hitting GA at least one more time before SC on Tuesday and Wed.

Reminex

Wow, Sman. I feel your pain man. Your story reminds us all that even with the best shells, its no guarantee. It is so hard to give them even a chance once they get to 40 because you never know when it will all blow up in your face because of a yote or hen or another hunter, and then you say "should have shot at 40"

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I dropped a bird I was after for 5 mornings this morning. He was a good one. Called him and 2 hens all the way across a field. He was walking dead at me. I let him cross 40 and take a couple more steps. Then boom. He went down and right back up. I shot 2 more times. Couldn't find another she'll to save my life. I could feel em in the vest but couldn't get my hand in the right zipper.

I got up and chased him. Got 10' from him and grabbed the gun like a bat. He took flight right before I was going to swing. I watched him fly to the woods and stop. I found 2 shells and loaded em up. Took 2 steps in the woods and he flew off.

I hate this feeling. I hate it for the bird worse. I should've waited he wasn't going anywhere but closer. He had given me the slip and one time real close. I went back and it was 38 steps. I was shooting 3.5" 12 HeviShot Magblends. I have no idea what went wrong. Taking a few days off. Then hitting GA at least one more time before SC on Tuesday and Wed.

Maybe u should of picked your team name as " coulda , shoulda , woulda " !! Or " shoulda went fishing " had to do it . You never know he may make it , I know it is an awful feeling but if u hunt enough it's gonna happen , I've done it more than once , keep your head up and hunt on

sman

Maybe u should of picked your team name as " coulda , shoulda , woulda " !! Or " shoulda went fishing " had to do it . You never know he may make it , I know it is an awful feeling but if u hunt enough it's gonna happen , I've done it more than once , keep your head up and hunt on

I'm wading through 5 pt birds. Guess I'm gonna have to enter one this week if I don't get some bigger ones by Saturday.

Gut_Pile

Sman made it to New Mexico, but TSA took his gun.

Guess he'll just be taking pictures of 5 point birds while he's out there.

sman

Sman made it to New Mexico, but TSA took his gun.

Guess he'll just be taking pictures of 5 point birds while he's out there.

Bare handed em.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1429387383023_edit_1429412947422.jpg
    tapatalk_1429387383023_edit_1429412947422.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 41

sman

Tried to crop Jim Bates tennis shoe out. Forum didn't like the cropping. I kinda like it.