Team #33

Arrow3

team #33

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" :bounce:if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Here you go.............

Pattern at 40 yds with Winchester Extended Range #4's 3.5

Attachments

• turkey pattern.JPG
    turkey pattern.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

jharrell

Team 33

Here are my pics. I look forward to a good season with you guys.

Attachments

• 03-12-08_1912.jpg
    03-12-08_1912.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 03-12-08_1918.jpg
    03-12-08_1918.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 161

Arrow3

Y'all are good to go...I merged Hooks' post in...

Hooks

I'm here guys. I apologize for the other thread. I didn't notice this one the other day. My ten week old has been keeping me pretty busy and a bit out of sorts. Did see two nice birds today, one I can kill for sure any day that is at least three years old. Going listening in the morning. Let's do it to it.

Attachments

• DSC00138 (648 x 486).jpg
    DSC00138 (648 x 486).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 123

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Glad to have you. Well it doesn't look like we will get together to hunt as both of you are in South Ga. Sorry but I'm a newbie of sorts as I've only hunted Turkey about 10 times in my life.I am heading over to Alabama in the morning for opening day and just finished packing up.

Wish me luck as I'm after my first bird.

Robert

jharrell

I know why they call you hooks, that bird in the picture is big dude. I am over in Coffee County, about 2 hours from Savannah, not far from you at all. If you need a video man or a call man shoot me a pm and I will give you my number. Hey Bruz good luck this weekend. Looks like I have 2 great partners.

Hooks

Bruz, I hope the weekend went well. JH thanks for the comments. Hopefully we can put a respectable showing together. Just being able to hunt is reward enough though.I have been pretty lucky with spurs so far. No huge 12.5" paint brush beards but long spurs meen more to me anyhow. I appreciate the offer and I'll keep that in mind. Found two birds yesterday and I'm going to listen somewhere else tomorrow so hopefully it will be a good season.

jharrell

Yeh, I got some pics last week of a gobbler and a hen so I think I am going to listen there in the morning before work. Keep me posted on what ya'll are hearing.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
WINDY.

That about sums it up. We got caught in a baseball sized hail storm on the way down yesterday and then went to try and roost a bird last night. We found 2 and made a plan for the morning. We woke up to 15-20mph winds and a stomach virus for my brother.....He slept in.

I went out and set up on the edge of a food plot just uphill from a bottom where we knew they were roosted. I heard 2 gobbles but with the wind it was tough to hear anything. I had seen 3 Gobblers in this plot twice in the last 3 weeks and decided just to wait it out.
They never showed............I got up at 2:00 and started walking the road and calling every few hundred yards. I jumped a big Tom as I came around a bend in the road and he flew straight over my head.....That's about the only excitement today other than jumping some deer.

Maybe next week.........

Robert

jharrell

Well guys no dead bird here yet. I took my Dad this morning, we heard 4 different birds. 3 were a good ways off and one was about 150 yards away from us in the tree. I called the hens to about 45 yards but he stayed about 75 yards out from us. We picked up and tried another spot and had 4 longbeards in the field but could not pull any of them away from the hens. Just come in for a little lunch break and I am headed back out after lunch to give'em a try this afternoon. I hope ya'll had good luck.

1shot1kill

close but no cigar

Nothing here either justin,called one to 25 yards...strutted and drummed for 20 minutes right there....trigger man was facing wrong way...I coulda sawed him in half....but trying to get a kid his first bird....just didn't work out....in the immortal words of the terminator "I'll be back".....good luck hunting.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Well did anybody do any good this weekend? I got tied down with the Easter Egg Hunt but will be back after them next weekend.

Robert

jharrell

Well guys I almost had us on the board this morning. I needed a couple more steps to get out from behind a palmetto bush. Heard 2 birds this morning. Believe it or not I was on public land. This is the first time I have turkey hunted on public land. I might have to take more advantage of that. Hope ya'll are having some luck.

jharrell

Still nothing for me guys. I need a gun that has a 60 to 80 yard range. I have been hearing a good many birds but just can't seem to get anything close. I have not heard from you guys much. I hope your season is going good and you are having some luck.

jharrell

Alright guys I have one on the board finally. Hope ya'll are doing ok. Have not heard from you since the opening weekend of season.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Congratulations!!!

I had 1 within 25 yards yesterday but he was behind a hedge row and wouldn't come out. He poked his head up once and I couldn't turn to get on him fast enough. Oh well. Nothing from me so far.

Robert

Hooks

Killed two on the 4th. One was 20 lbs and had an 11 3/8 beard and 1 1/8 spurs but my digital camera messed up so you can't see the date. I haven't posted them becuase I didn't think the picture quality would be allowed.

Over the last eight days we have killed six. Glad to hear it's looking up for your guys.