Team "Bow & Arrows" thread

TC915

Sup fellas, looks like it's customary to make a team thread so here it is :cheers:

Not sure about you fellas but I entered just for the fun & learning experience that's possible. Also hoping it'll light a fire under my arse & give me a lil push in getting my 1st. I'm just looking to have fun & learn regardless of the outcome; but I'll be out there doing my best to add to the team points. Good luck & hope everyone has an enjoyable & successful season!!

BowArrow

Ten dollars in the mail and although I am 76 I am ready to sling some sticks. My doctor advised me not to climb a tree but I advised the Doc. on the ground I just can not see.

mickyu

Ten dollars in the mail and although I am 76 I am ready to sling some sticks. My doctor advised me not to climb a tree but I advised the Doc. on the ground I just can not see.

That's great Charles. Wish you the best this year. I think you and your team will be a great 2nd place team. ::ke:

GAGE

GONetwork Member
With a forum name like BowArrow, we have already won! My payment went through Paypal today.

TC915

Nice, looks like we're all paid up & ready to go; now it's just a waiting game.

Mr. Charles I'm willing to put in some time & help build a elevated box blind if ya have a spot too put one. Just for your use, haha not trying to snake your spots or anything like that.

BowArrow

Replaced the seat cushion in one of my stands on the Ogeechee River Friday. Fell into a mud hole with my 4-wheeler on the way out and thought I would have to leave it in the swamp. It cut off and I had trouble getting the shifter in neutral to crank it up again. My 4-wheeler had bottomed out and it took a lot of rocking to finally get it out. I was one relieved 76 year old.
Found a loaded persimmon tree on the Oliver Bridge WMA but it was hanging out over the Ogeechee River. Headed to a Bulloch Co. farm to put up stand on a hardwood drain between planted pines.

BowArrow

I live 8 miles from Oliver Bridge WMA and do hunt it occasionally. Deer population is low because it is mainly planted pine and river bottom which produces very little food for the deer. Have been successful bowhunting all but last year. I did find a persimmon tree dropping on a scouting trip Friday. Also some swamp chestnut oak and white oak. I have two other river locations that I hunt with better deer populations.

Gotcha, I hunt some family land in Portal. Just found it odd to see a few more bulloch co people for a change and knew a few people close to the oliver WMA

BowArrow

Slow season for me. Did have spike at 12 yards this morning hunting small creek feeding Ogeechee River. Wish I had my camera because I was in tree along creek and he was walking a trail on the ridge next to me. Because I was down in creek and he was walking ridge, He was almost level with me 18 feet up in tree.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I have seen two deer in three hunts. One was a 5 on one side without the other 2.5 year old, and the other was a doe that skirted my right side. Been slow here also, but plenty of time left. Good luck you guys!

TC915

Nice fellas, atleast we're seeing them! Haven't been able to go as much as I'd like but on the few times saw deer (couple does), just set my blind in the wrong spot & they've been just outside my comfort zone every time. Going to hit it hard this afternoon though & maybe that'll change. Ain't too worried about those season standing but sure would like to see our team on the board, better to enjoy the ride not the destination though. Good luck guys!!

BowArrow

Monday was a great morning and the cool weather had them moving. I was hunting near Rockyford on the Ogeechee river. I had 13 come by me from 8:30 to 11:00. Three of them were bucks with one shooter eight. All were out of my range of 20 yards except one 6 ptr. Nine passed me on the same trail about 50 yards out. I moved over this morning and as expected the only one I saw passed by my other stand. Going in this morning, I was following my bright eyes and started toward what I thought was one of my tacks when it began to move and I realized it was a deer's eyes. Coming out, I saw fresh scraps and rubs near my stand.