Ted Nugent - Kentuckey Colonel

W4DSB

TED NUGENT WOWS ATV CROWD

Gardnerville, NV - November 10, 2004 - At a banquet in his honor, during which Ted Nugent received the first annual ATV Image Award, from ATV-Industry Magazine, Mr. Nugent had the audience laughing, crying and shouting all at once.

After entering the banquet ballroom by way of a Yamaha Rhino, customized by Premier UV Products/Hunter Works, The Kentucky State Fair Board presented "The Nuge" with a decree from the Governor's office naming him an honorary Kentucky Colonel. Ted was then presented the first ever ATV Image Award by ATV-Industry magazine publisher, Rick Campbell. Ted was chosen by the magazine as the recipient of the first ever award for his commitment to outdoor life, hunting and recreating with his ATV. Campbell said, "Anyone who has ever used their ATV to access a hunting area knows who Ted Nugent is. Besides being an excellent role model for other hunters, Mr. Nugent is an American hunting legend."

With politically incorrect volleys flying in every direction, America's Number One Outdoorsman verbally attacked politicians, bureaucrats, Iraq, the anti-gun lobby and a whole lot more. The straight talk of "The World According To Ted" wowed the crowd gathered for the first ever ATV Expo and World's Fair, presented by Suzuki, in Louisville, Kentucky. For more on Ted's latest news and appearances, go to www.tednugent.com

The ATV EXPO was held October 14-17, 2004, at the Kentucky International Convention Center in downtown Louisville KY. For up to the minute information regarding the 2005 Expo, please see our web site www.atv-industry.com.

ATV-Industry magazine is the only trade journal serving the burgeoning all terrain vehicle market. Debuting in February of 2002, it is the sister publication to Motorcycle Industry magazine, which began serving the powersports market in 1980 and is the leading trade journal in the overall powersports market.

Skipper

Banned
Ted ain't the only Kentucky Colonel. I've been one since 1996. :clap:

Skipper

W4DSB

Skipper do you fry chicken like the other colonel we all know? :fine:

since you are one how about tell us what it means and entails , inquiring minds want to know

Timbo

Why to go "Motor city mad man".

Skipper

Banned
Actually, I'm from "The town where it all began". The first KFC (originally "Sanders Court") was a motel/restaurant in Corbin. The Colonel was a strange dude for sure. I inspected his house once for insurance. It's built like a bunker. 12" thick cement walls, ceiling and roof. My brother in law has a half brother who is one of the Colonel's unclaimed younguns.

That aside, the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels is a charitable organization something like Rotary except that there are no chapter meetings that I'm aware of. The do have a shindig every year before the Derby. They give scholarships, buy wheelchairs, and that sort of thing.

You have to be nominated and approved by the Governor to be one. I've been nominated twice and approved the 2nd time.

Once you become one, it's like every other organization, they send donation requests about every other month.

Skipper

W4DSB

thanks for the info Skipper