Tell us about your opening weekend

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I saw one deer all weekend. He or she popped out at quarter after 7 on opening morning. Offered me a perfect 12yd shot, but just as the deer was about to pass through my shooting lane, I could have swore I saw some type of little growth between it's ears. It was still dark in the woods, but light enough to see the deer perfectly fine. Well, that screwed my confidence to heck, so I didn't even draw my bow back. Let the deer walk off. Didn't want to walk up on a doe that grew some spikes after I shot it, if y'all catch my drift.

All in all a good weekend. Felt great to be back in a deer stand again.

Tommy

Sandman619

sounds like most everybody had a good time, congrats to those who got some meat! I cant wait until friday so I can hunt!

Gumpond

opening weekend

Well let's see... First I went in to the office and worked till noon. I went home and picked up the remains of the storm. Later I watched the poor show by my dogs. Sunday after church we went out to mom's house for lunch and a nap. Finally went to the woods Sunday afternoon only to discover my son had thaken my gate key. :banginghe

You can bet the duck opener want be this way!

short stop

saw 6 does-- nothing in range of my stick throwin machine :banginghe found 3 good rubs on baseball size cedars ,so I know theres a goodin nearbye maybe see him in the mornin I hope .SS

wildlands

I did not see anything on Sat., church in Sunday and 1 button buck Monday morning. I did get to put my tracking dog to use for a guy in Fayette county though and she did very good.