Tennessee claims feeding deer helps spread CWD

LittleDrummerBoy

What next, will they ban bars to reduce the spread of STDs?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Feeding sites increase contact between deer thereby increasing the likely spread of CWD. So, by not feeding wildlife, you are helping prevent the spread of CWD.

I think Tennessee should focus more on their welfare feeding stations and the likely spread of more welfare abusers.

Browning Slayer

Browning Slayer

I would just feed hogs. ?
They tear up well built feeders.

My hogs come and go.. Especially after I unload a 30 round mag.. I chase em over to my neighbors property and they come back about every 2 months.. :biggestshoot:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I got places u can’t chase. Swamps and thickets that Boone want to venture. U can hear them out there.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
In our county of Missouri we are under a full ban for off (was already illegal during season) season feeding and mineral sites because we border a CWD area. Been that way for a few years now.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Wonder how the deer have been eating under the same oaks for years and not getting CWD?

Prohibiting feeding doesn't prevent CWD from spreading, it takes away a human-controlled element that can facilitate more rapid spread. Once CWD is established, all disease management actions are meant to slow the spread into adjacent areas and keep disease prevalence low.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Someone needs to produce a big protein pellet, or corn ball if you prefer, that can be spread out. And the size of an acorn, so the deer aren't swapping spit. lol.

Last edited: