Terrell County 4-H Shoot- Adults welcome!

Terrell County 4-H Archery is having it's Steve White Memorial Tournament March 14, 2009 at the Terrell County Archery Range in Dawson, GA.

Adults are welcome to come and Play also!! All proceeds fund youth archery in Terrell County!

Terrell County 4-H Archery
Steve White Memorial Tournament

REGISTRATION FORM
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Terrell County Archery Range
Dawson, Georgia
Registration from 8:00 am to 9:00 am FITA
Practice at 8:00 am--First scoring arrow at 9:00 am FITA
3-D Course opens for competition at 10:00 am; cut-off at 3:00 pm

NAME_____________________________________________________________________

ADDRESS__________________________________________________________________

CITY_________________________COUNTY__________STATE______ZIP____________

BIRTHDATE _____________ Phone_________________ EMAIL ____________________

ENTRY INFO: Circle one for each letter: (one archer per form)

A) MALE FEMALE B) RECURVE COMPOUND BAREBOW

C) Cloverleaf (9 yrs to 6th grade) Junior (7th and 8th grades) Senior (9th through 12th grade)
Adult ( FITA) Hunter (shooting 3-D only)

TOURNAMENT FEE: $15.00 FOR ALL ARCHERS
FAMILY DISCOUNT: Each archer $15.00 up to a $45.00 Max.
Family discount applies to mail-in registrations only. Registrations must be received and paid for at the same time to receive family discount. Cancellations one week prior to the tournament can receive a refund of registration fee less $5.00 per archer.
Late Registrations: All late and walk in registrations will be $15.00 per archer.

*****APPROPRIATE DRESS REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE*****
(Skirts, skorts, and shorts must reach the archer's fingertips when standing. Upper garment must meet the top of pants, shorts, or skirts even when arms are raised. Clothes with obscene language or symbols of sex, alcohol or drugs are unacceptable.)
Waiver Form
IN CONSIDERATION of my involvement at this TERRELL COUNTY 4-H TEAM SPONSERED EVENT, I acknowledge and agree that: (1) I risk bodily injury, including paralysis, dismemberment, disability and death, and while particular rules of my sport, equipment, personal training and discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of injury does exist, as well as the risk of damage to or loss of property; (2) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from negligence of the releases or others; (3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual or unnecessary hazard during my presence or participation, I will bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and (4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless and promise not to sue the UNIVERSITY OF GEORGA, LOCAL, STATE, OR NATIONAL 4-H CLUBS, TERRELL COUNTY, TERRELL COUNTY 4-H, its officers and board members, volunteers, officials, agents, sponsors and/or employees, with respect to any and all injury and loss arising from my participation, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise, except that which is the result of gross negligence or wanton misconduct, to the extent permitted by applicable law. FOR PARTIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER 18): This is to certify that, as parent or guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, I do consent not only to his/her release, but also for myself/ourselves, and my/our heirs, assigns and next of kin, to release and indemnify the Releases from any and all liability incident to my/our minor child's involvement as stated above. I have read this Release of Liability and Waiver Agreement, fully understand its terms and sign it freely and voluntarily. I also give permission for photographs, videos, or audiotape of my child to be used for promotional and educational purposes by 4-H, the University of Georgia, or any of the organizations listed above. I realize that these Images may appear in print media as well as the Internet.

Signature: ___________________________________________ Date: ______________
(Parent or legal guardian must sign for minor)

All funds generated by the Steve White Memorial Tournament support youth archery in Terrell County and the surrounding area through the Terrell County 4-H Archery Team.
Thank you very much for your support!

3rd Annual Steve White Memorial Tournament
Information sheet

FITA Round
• Compound:
Seniors: two ends of six arrows each at 60, 50, 40 meters: 36 total arrows.
Juniors: two ends of six arrows each at 50, 40, 30 meters: 36 total arrows.
Cloverleafs: two ends of six arrows each at 40, 30, 20 meters: 36 total arrows
• Recurve:
Seniors: two ends of six arrows each at 60, 50, 40 meters: 36 total arrows.
Juniors: two ends of six arrows each at 50, 40, 30 meters: 36 total arrows.
Cloverleafs: two ends of six arrows each at 25, 20, 15 meters: 36 total arrows.

• Total highest possible score in FITA is 360 points for all age classes.

3-D Round
• 20 targets/ ASA scoring
• Speed limit: 280 fps max.
• No Range Finders
• No Broad Heads
• Classes:
o Men’s Open (ages 16 and up)
o Men’s Hunter (ages 16 and up)
o Women’s Open (ages 16 and up)
o Youth Yellow (ages 12-15)
o Youth Orange (ages 9-11)

• Distances: (All distances + or- 5 yards)
White Stake- Men's Open -50 yards max
Yellow Stake- Women's Open, Men’s Hunter, & Youth Yellow -30 yard max
Orange Stake- Youth Orange -20 yard max

Tournament will be held at the Terrell County Archery Range located in the Terrell County Industrial Complex.
Take US82W/GA520W North from Albany to Dawson/Columbus approximately 20 miles. Turn right onto Old Mill Road/CR136 (at the Terrell County Industrial Park sign) for 3 miles. Then Turn right onto Industrial Park Blvd. Archery Range is on the right.

• Practice begins at 8:00 am and scoring begins at 9:00 am FITA
• 3-D Range opens at 10:00 am; last round must be started by 3:00 pm
• Awards will be given to top scorer in each division.
• Concessions will be available on site.
• Checks should be made out to the Terrell County 4-H Club and mailed with registration to Terrell County 4-H, P.O. Box 271, Dawson, GA 39842.
• All FITA registrations should be post marked by March 7, 2009 or faxed to 229-995-4134 or space will not be guaranteed.

Call the Terrell County Extension (229-995-2165) for more information if needed.

Brian from GA

Cool. I'll spread the word around Columbus since ya'll are only about 45 minutes south of us.

Will the 360 round and the 3D round scores be totalled together to determine the winner?

Thanks

Brian Dansby

Scoring

Hey Brian,
Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you before now...stomach bug has hit my house.

Anyway, we are basically running two tournaments at the same time. FITA scores will be seperate from 3d scores. Shooters can decide to compete in 3D, FITA or both.

I do hope some of the Columbus shooters can make it to Dawson...It's an easy drive and we hope to have an entertaining shoot! :biggrin2:

Leslie Cliett

poolgy

Hey Leslie!
I hope you have a good turnout. Sorry the Roundup was scheduled on the same day. I guess we will see you guys in about 3 weeks at district.
Have a great shoot!

Brian from GA

I am telling everyone up here about it. I found out after posting the above that Saturday is opening day for Little League up here and I have to be there. Hopefully I can still send you some shooters.

Good luck

Latest posts