Texas Representative Told Beto his AR-15 was Ready for Beto

Dutch

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be, if only I had a gun, and lord, if today is the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass

Words to ponder...

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago
I believe enough of the population has enough knowledge of past atrocities of governments disarming folks to fight for their lives before we reach the point of begging for mercy. Not to mention we have much better axes, hammers, and pokers.

Dutch

No other place I'd rather live,
where I'll love my wife and teach my kids
about the land of the free and the home of the brave.
I'm sick 'n' tired of people puttin' it down,
if ya don't like it here then get the h***l out of town.
Go and find somewhere you love, that's fine with me.
We don't need people ridin' the fence,
you're either ridin' with us or you're ridin' with them
Make up your mind which side you stand

I was raised around Vietnam vets and probably the single most reason that I dressed up as a soldier every Halloween of my youth- and then joined the Army. I also had two professional mentors that happen to be Vietnam vets; one a tunnel rat 11B on his first VN tour, his second was SF- the other was a comms guys who endured some really tough days on tour. Saw him in July in Portsmouth NH, I bought he and his wife along with mine a $1000 dinner. I owe them both my career. I assure you, no in shape hipster, Antifa or panty wad on this earth would ever want to go toe to toe with either. I ASSURE you!

Funny story, the comms guy mentioned above and I were in a meeting where a VP was giving a talk to us managers. She said, 'we need all hands on deck, we are in a crisis'. My boss (the comms guy) spoke up in the crowd of 20 and said, 'we have a situation, not a crisis'. This went back and forth for a few minutes until the VP said, 'so tell us what a crisis really is'? His reply, 'when you can see your ride home but it can't land'! Total laughter except by her, she had no idea what he meant.

I always liked this tribute:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I hate to disagree with Master Sargent Roy P. Benavidez but he's a HERO to this ol boy.

NOYDB

Mr. Know It All
There are lots of keyboard commandos in the younger crowd. And unfortunately, most of the veterans I know are too far out of shape to be of much use when the time comes. I've seen them at the range, and with BMIs over 30, they make for big, slow targets.

Owning guns ain't gonna help much if you're a poor shot who is 50-150 lbs overweight.[/QUOT9*\E]

My avatar. 20 rounds at 100 yards. I don't miss. I don't have to run fast.

Thread starter #88
If it comes, I don’t plan to enter into hand to hand combat or to bring a knife to a gun fight. As as wise man once said, if you plan to have a fair fight, your tactics suck. My 223 ammo andbuckshot ain’t for deer.

There are lots of keyboard commandos in the younger crowd. And unfortunately, most of the veterans I know are too far out of shape to be of much use when the time comes. I've seen them at the range, and with BMIs over 30, they make for big, slow targets.

Owning guns ain't gonna help much if you're a poor shot who is 50-150 lbs overweight.
I'm old, I can't run and I'm at least 25 lbs overweight but if you're coming for my guns and you're inside 200 yds you're DRT.

What should be clear is that our Founding Documents no longer protect us, they really never have.
That is why i think the more important idea is that of natural rights, or god given rights if you like that better. Laws change, the idea that you should be able to defend yourself and property should be unchanging. Who cares what the law says, or constitution for that matter. I know i have a right to certain things no matter what any paper or person says.

All you old timers on here remind me of a movie i once saw, i say to yall " i call that bold talk from a one eyed fat man." Lets just hope you older fellers have enough "true grit" to get er done, cuz the fellas younger than me that love liberty are few and far between.

All you old timers on here remind me of a movie i once saw, i say to yall " i call that bold talk from a one eyed fat man." Lets just hope you older fellers have enough "true grit" to get er done, cuz the fellas younger than me that love liberty are few and far between.
This is a great point. What if it takes 10-20 years for the enemies of liberty to push their agenda forward? Then the key question shifts to, "How many young men have you trained who have the will, disposition, and abilities to defend liberty?" Do your sons, grandsons, and nephews have the same mindset as you? Are they as skilled as you with the necessary tools? Do they understand that trading liberty for security or peace is a deal with the devil?

PopPop

I thought the plan was that; We the People protect the meaning, intent, and exercise of the Founding Documents, not the other way around.
You are correct and theres the problem. We the People ain’t what we used to be.

PopPop

That is why i think the more important idea is that of natural rights, or god given rights if you like that better. Laws change, the idea that you should be able to defend yourself and property should be unchanging. Who cares what the law says, or constitution for that matter. I know i have a right to certain things no matter what any paper or person says.
And how you package that is the hot mess.
The 2A is about resisting Tyranny, first and foremost. The would be Tyrants know this better than most of us. They are all too happy to take your Right and issue your permission slip.

What should be clear is that our Founding Documents no longer protect us, they really never have.
The Founders knew that when they ratified the Constn.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - Adams, John POTUS #2

"The most sensible and jealous people are so little attentive to government that there are no instances of resistance until repeated, multiplied oppressions have placed it beyond a doubt that their rulers had formed settled plans to deprive them of their liberties; not to oppress an individual or a few, but to break down the fences of a free constitution, and deprive the people at large of all share in the government, and all the checks by which it is limited. " - Adams, John POTUS #2

The Founders knew that when they ratified the Constn.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - Adams, John POTUS #2

"The most sensible and jealous people are so little attentive to government that there are no instances of resistance until repeated, multiplied oppressions have placed it beyond a doubt that their rulers had formed settled plans to deprive them of their liberties; not to oppress an individual or a few, but to break down the fences of a free constitution, and deprive the people at large of all share in the government, and all the checks by which it is limited. " - Adams, John POTUS #2
Key words "moral and religious people". Sadly the bulk of our government are neither.

Key words "moral and religious people". Sadly the bulk of our government are neither.
He wasn't talking about the people in government. He was talking about the people themselves and you're right. We are neither a moral nor religious people anymore.

Last edited:
He wasn't talking about the people in government. He was talking about the people themselves and you're right. We are neither a moral nor religious people anymore.
Yes sir. It's a learned behavior from direct observation of the government.

Last edited by a moderator: